Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
my new all time favourite GT fishing video
May 29, 2014, 12:42:52 PM
Absolutely  mind-blowing fishing on this video. Every GT angler should see this!

Bertrand Picarda and Jean Thomas fishing Southern Oman with No Boundaries last month.

As Bertrand says, his perfect day. Thirteen monster class GTs in just a few hours.  The stuff of dreams.

Aside from the huge fish and brutal strikes, the video shows two extremely good anglers right at the top of their game.  And a big shout out to guide Mohammed for putting them onto the fish and handling the boat so well.

I thought the trip I was on two weeks before was top notch, but this stuff just re-writes what you could expect from a trip.

Sit back and enjoy :) - no arty angles or unnecessary filters - just pure fishing brilliance.

&feature=youtu.be

David Lorenzato

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
What every gt fisher wishes to experience!! Love it

Dan Hanon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
That's insane!  I noticed they tend to pull the rod straight back at waist height in a horizontal position to set the hook.  Is that a widely accepted and performed technique?  As I'm new to GT fishing, I've never seen that.  I always set the hook by pulling the rod vertically upwards to about a 10:00 position.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
That's called in-line striking.  If (often that's a big if!) there is enough room on the boat it is a very effective way of setting the hook.

Personally, I try not to set the hook with an upwards strike when heavy lure fishing. Either a down and across sideways strike (see for example Jean in this video at about 30 secs) or the inline strike which you already noticed.  Just personal of course.
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 05:03:54 PM by Mark Harris

Andrew Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Fantastic viewing! This is an astounding display of quality angling in a world class destination. Fantastic to see the efficiency of these guy working poppers and fishing. Especially the part where Bertrand is clearly invoking a strike while working a stickbait. And the massive eruption on his lure as he just turns his head to see the other hookup!  ;D

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Yep, Bertrand teasing the strike from that monster with a stick bait is probably my favourite part of the whole video.

Michael Adolfsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Betrand!! That video is just sick!! I know you are in GT shape but that is unreal.
I had the pleasure/honor to fish with both Bertrand and Ed (NB) a few months ago in Gambier, Tahiti.
Super pro Gt hunters and i tried to learn as much as possible.
That fishing trip I will never forget, not that the fishing  was UP THERE, but because of the people.
Bertrand was a super funny and very easy guy to be around. ME LIKE  ;D
1 day we where out only the 2 of us and we had a blast on "light" tackle, I caugth a decent GT and Bertrand was so happy for me.
Almost more than me and that maked the experince even more special.
I have booked the April trip at No Boundaries with Temple Reef and i really hope all the guys from Gambier trip will be there, i am sure we will have a blast!!
Bertie you are an animal
Ed you are just unreal, 70 kg GT sick!!!!!

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
That certainly is a trip of a lifetime. Awesome footage!!

Mayur Panday

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
dream trip really!

Ryan Keith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Just shared this with my non-fishing friends. If they can't understand my addiction after watching that, I doubt they ever will. Pure adrenaline!  8) A masterful display from Jean and Bertrand.
If it ain't topwater... quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Craig Maree

• Red Bass
  • Release the GT
  • Liked:
Insane top-water action with some real monsters.
Atoll Hunter GT Popping
www.facebook.com/atollhunter