Michael Tweedie

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi, I have been slowly formulating a plan to head to Central Queensland in November after I finish uni for the year to chase GTs and Mackerel landbased.
I so far I have picked Curtis Island, 5 rocks and Stanage Bay as potential locations within a days drive of home (I would prefer to spend time fishing rather than driving but will head further up the coast if need be).

I have spent the vast majority of my fishing career on the stones of the East Coast but only last year was I lucky enough to witness some landbased GT action at 1770, I can and will return there this year to have another shot however the sharks, crowds and how well known that ledge are all unattractive features in my mind and I would prefer to find somewhere off the beaten track to spend a couple of weeks at the end of the year.

Has anyone got any suggestions on where and when I should be headed in CQ at this time of year? I am a real novice when it comes to the ins and outs of these fish so any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mick