Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
does the colour of jigs matter?
April 07, 2007, 11:06:45 PM
Question for the experienced jiggers out there - do you think that the colour of the jig matters much? I really don't have much of an idea on this as the fish seem to hit anything when they're feeding
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Neil Griffiths

Re: does the colour of jigs matter?
April 10, 2007, 04:58:57 PM
All colours and styles may be required, but will the boat still float? ;D

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 15, 2007, 05:04:47 PM
i like to use what i call the aussie green and gold seems to work good but tend to try all colours to see which ones dont work and they all seem to work when the fish are on.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 15, 2007, 08:07:31 PM
Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:07:56 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 15, 2007, 08:22:58 PM
all blacks are the best but even the fish are scared of them i think fish like smashing ausies to ,choice bro
Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:15:05 PM by Cam Foley [stellajigger]
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 15, 2007, 09:22:26 PM
You can call the Aussie green and gold your Bleddisloe jig, 'always getting smashed'.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 15, 2007, 09:27:09 PM
yer i like that should put some tape around its ears and eyes to stop the bleeding of lead into the ocean.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

MikeOsborn

May 10, 2007, 12:35:07 PM
I am a big fan of jigs with lumo on one side and solid colours on the other. When fish are really hungry I find they will take anything but during harder fishing I will always go back to the old faithful

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 10, 2007, 01:12:02 PM
I bought a blue/pink/lumo jig last night at a tackle shop sponsor seminar, I didn't need it but liked the colour, colour works on 'ME' every time. ::)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

MikeOsborn

May 10, 2007, 02:28:03 PM
Tell me about it. I hav 3 jiggyjig lure wraps full of them and I still use the same 3 jigs. ??? its a bit silly lugging round 6kg worth of jigs when you only need 2. but who knows when you are going to hit the motherload of xos kingis ;D

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 10, 2007, 05:56:45 PM
Team that Mike got about 70 jigs and only use 3 of them but as you say you just never no.Orded some smith jigs today and a Sanme ,good balist for the boat.
Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 08:41:03 PM by Cam Foley
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Chris Wong

May 12, 2007, 10:28:40 AM
Hi Cam, thanks for introducing me to this forum! 
The Sanme jigs have NO LUMO paint on them but work outstandingly in deep water.  I think that jig colours have some effect but jig vibrations probably over rule that.  Orange is my favourite colour for both Kingies & Hapuka.  One trip I, deliberately chose orange which was a colour that no one else was using. Always tie orange as my first jig - catches the first fish too which probably perpetuates the myth!

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 27, 2011, 10:03:00 AM
For me pink or blue with lumo seems to kill the sambos and ajs here in perth, but when theyre on they take any colour so i still dont know :)
When x meets y

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 25, 2011, 12:55:11 PM
Hi Cam, thanks for introducing me to this forum! 
The Sanme jigs have NO LUMO paint on them but work outstandingly in deep water.  I think that jig colours have some effect but jig vibrations probably over rule that.  Orange is my favourite colour for both Kingies & Hapuka.  One trip I, deliberately chose orange which was a colour that no one else was using. Always tie orange as my first jig - catches the first fish too which probably perpetuates the myth!

LOL i don't think you need any introduction's Chris...
I find jigs with heaps of flash work, and lumo squid skirts on the assist hooks work better than trying to choose the right coloured jig .My favorite jig colour is Black or Purple,  dunno if the fish think so thou.
Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:52:13 PM by Anesh Patel