Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
on the hunt for hooker1 jigs
September 07, 2014, 12:42:06 PM
hi guys as the heading states I'm looking for hooker1 220g jigs, i know fish head have them in stock but not the colours i want.

I'm bassed in syd Australia, and have exactly a month before my next trip so was a little worried if i buy from the states if they will arrive on time. saltywater have them in stock in the colours i want,  so just wondering if i order now what my chancres???

cheers guys 

Rob Lawson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: on the hunt for hooker1 jigs
September 07, 2014, 01:05:59 PM
Hi Byron
I can't speak specifically for Saltywater ( I'm sure lots of guys on here can though). But generally international shipping is very fast, usually I receive goods from Japan, Europe or the USA within a week.
You shouldn't have any dramas getting jigs within the next month.
Cheers
Bob 

Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 07, 2014, 01:42:52 PM
cheers Bob i feel comfortable placing my order now

byron

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 07, 2014, 02:42:28 PM
Hi Byron,

Hope all is well. Why are you specifically looking for the hooker1 jigs ?. If it's tuna your targeting, as you would know there would be many other jigs to choose from that would be more readily available.........

Regards

Leo

Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 07, 2014, 04:33:16 PM
more so for doggys on my next trip, after a few chats with other members on this site its was a jig that kept getting mentioned that i didn't have in my collection,  i love the jm fallings and hots drift tune for most my tuna jigs and i have no trouble sourcing them locally, so looking forward to trying the hookers out next month,

hope your well Leo and ill try catch up for a coffee before i leave

cheers Byron

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 07, 2014, 06:19:59 PM
It's THE classic jig for dogtooth... .well worth the hunt providing you are fishing spots where the light weight is enough to get them into the zone.

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 07, 2014, 06:48:39 PM
Hiya Byron,

Well if its doggys your main target don't in anyway discount the Patriot Design Blast Edge & the Cyber Edge models. They too have a consistent catch rate with doggys........these would be available in Aust if you look around in around Sydney. You should check them out.......

Tight Lines and safe travels.

Regards

Leo

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
September 07, 2014, 08:42:00 PM
Hi Byron,

We ship on the same day as long as we receive your order before 3:00PM,
There is a lot of good jigs in the market nowadays for Dogies, i will definitely consider the Drift tune as a great option and take a look at Marine Bait jigs, they are worth a try: http://www.saltywatertackle.com/home/marine-bait-ouka-type-ii-jig-1190.html

Tight lines
    Sami