Hello sami,
Next trip i wand to go to a place where i have a real good chance to
Catch a dog tooth tuna. In mai i will go to Panama. But next trip must
Be a trip for dog tooth. So what would be your opinion? The south pacific is to
Far at the moment.

Best regards,
Arnout.

Hi Arnout,

I you're not willing to fish the South Pacific than your alternative is Tanzania, Madagascar or Rodrigues Island.
Now I fished Tanzania 4 times so far and i know what the place is capable on producing not to mention that you can hire the best skipper for the job (Mady & Jason)
I know for a fact that Madagascar hold good number of Doggy but i have not had the chance to fish in the right area for Doggies, our target was GT's, if you want to fish for Doggy in Madagascar than the east coast is the right option.
I have a trip to Tanzania in October 2014 and a trip to Madagascar in Jan 2015 you can always join me if you like, i am working on all our future trips and i will announce it to the public soon.

Tight lines
   Sami

Arnout Weber

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello Sami,

Thank you for your reaction.

At the moment the south pacific is to expensif for me from the Netherlands.
A ticket is around 3500,00 euro,s.

So think it,s going to be Tanzania or Madagaskar for my trip after Panama.
Unfortunatly i only can go 1 time in a year. i am a starting entrepreneur.

But i hope i can fish with you sometime.

Best regards,

Arnout.

Sacco Gerard

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
As always excellent trip and this time Sami at Madagascar.  :)
when Varatraza is not blowing, Diego is a beautiful destination, unfortunately when I went there in November 2000,  fishing was difficult because of him.   :(
Congratulations maestro  ;)

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
As always excellent trip and this time Sami at Madagascar.  :)
when Varatraza is not blowing, Diego is a beautiful destination, unfortunately when I went there in November 2000,  fishing was difficult because of him.   :(
Congratulations maestro  ;)

Thank you Gerard :)
been a while I've seen a report from your side, are you fishing these days ?

Tight lines
  Sami

Sacco Gerard

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Sami, my last trip I did in Cuba  to "Gardens of the Queen"

it's a long story that I'd rather forget the promises of the  travel agency  have not been met.  >:(

By against the Lakshadweep I had very good fishing with many GT, I write a report on French forum, a little to much difficult for me in english.

Next trip by Pascal Artieda  to Pedasi in Panama in early June, I hope a very big Pez Gallo and why not a very big Cubera.  ;)

Eric Guyader and you are my idols  ;) :) ;D
Best regards
Gerard

Inigo Vivanco Amato

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Samy,

Sorry for the late answer in this report but I´m planing a trip to that area and would like some advice....
 First congratulations for the photos (as alweys :D) everywhere you go you cacht big fis!!!
 I like doggys but I prefer popping for gts soo what do you recomend me mafia wiht jason and mady or diego suarez??
 Some friend told me they went fishing to mafia last year and it was very low because the masification of dynamite fishing.
 And can you find good spots near diego suarez or you need to sleep in a big bout because they are all really far? which charter did you fish with?
 Thanks and sorry for soo many questions but i thinck you are the best person to ask... ;)
 Best regards,
 Iñigo

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:

Inigo Vivanco Amato

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Felix Lux

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Diego Suarez ( East Coast ) Madagascar Jan 2014
September 09, 2014, 04:50:54 PM
Wow how could I miss this, thank you for sharing!

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
September 09, 2014, 08:39:37 PM
Thanks sami

I wrote you a pm first as well but with no succes.
 Yes, thouse places are too far and expensive for me. But i dont need the doggys. I want GTs  with Popper and thats why i choose mafia better than latham . But a as i told you i am afraid of poor fishing in mafia because of dynamite fishing.
In Diego Su?rez Sharks ar? a problem for jigging i know, i went to mitsio Madagascar for twice and they were every place when looking for doggys,but not for popping i thinck.
Soo for popping gt what do you recomend??

Regards
I?igo

Hi I?igo,
If you're after Gt 's only then nothing beats the consistency of Southern Oman, the window for big GT in southern Oman is limited due to weather but if you manage to get a booking on the right time than you're set.
unfortunately it is an expensive sport and when targeting GT's you need to travel far and away from civilization to get a good results, it is always the case!
Yemen is good but it is risky at some point, Tanzania is still good in my book but again according to my previous experience i had not done a trip to Latham without a great success, so i will still choose Latham versus Mafia.
New Caledonia is another option  ;)

Tight lines
     Sami

Inigo Vivanco Amato

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 15, 2014, 06:51:23 PM
Thanks Samy

I have seen your answer today. We have finally diceded for east coast of diego suarez in january. I thinck yemen(socotra) and tanzania(latham) are good for really big GT but not a big number of them. We are not really experienced gt anglers soo we prefer more cuantity even if they were smaller at the moment...And we have young child soo we don´t want any risk whit wars and ebola  ;)
 Regards,
 Iñigo.