Will Wragg

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Three piece rod- Zenaq Rouf 83/6 or Smith Amami
October 16, 2014, 08:07:37 PM
Bula vinaka all,

I wonder if anyone has any experience of the above rods?

I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone- a three piece rod that can fit inside a dive bag, and cast mid sized poppers, big spoons etc on my travels, but will be nice to use back here on Tokoriki, with the ability to cast 80 to 120g stick baits a Fiji mile.

Running PE6 on a '13 14k, no more than 10kg of drag.

I know the specs look good online, but it's a lot of money to spend blind.

Island regards,

Will

Nicholas Santeloudi

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi haven't used the zenaq but spent some time fishing with the smith amami in vanuatu. It's a really nice rod to use. I fished pe 8 , better for pe 6. I caught doggies to 20 kg on it , wahoo and yellowfin. I mistreated it, highsticked it trying to lever a bigger doggy off the bottom. Its not a winch i discovered !!!! Yep it snapped but we got the fish. From memory it was around the 28kg mark. It was eventually hand lined up. Awesome team work! Fishhead were kind enough to replace the middle section for a small fee which was much appreciated. I recommend you email Duncan at fishhead in Australia and he will answer your question for you. As I said nice rod to use, easy rod with some grunt but more a pe 6 rod than an 8. I used it with stickbaits fcl labos and aswb and it was great. Mine is coming with me wherever I go. Nic