Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
STONER- A few more days
December 16, 2014, 01:43:22 AM
Had a single rider Friday and a quad on Saturday. Both days followed the lay down and eased out moving deeper as the NW wind dropped off with the morning heating. Fished from 60' to 200' and 55-75 degree water. Found life everywhere. Some of the highlights were 4 cobia on back to back drops with my single rider on Friday. They were all released and boga verified between #30-45.

The Saturday crew had 1 cobia that went #51 dressed, so it was a legit #60, stomach packed with crabs. Nice December surprise.

Fish count and species was good both days. Cbass, red snapper, grouper, lionfish, amberjack, almaco, king mackerel, bull reds, cobia, tuna, big sharks...maybe another species or 2 in there.

All fish caught on bare jigs or plugs. No bait or trolling either day.

Don't bother, I already files the patent this morning on the 5 gallon foot warmer!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Re: STONER- A few more days
December 23, 2014, 09:56:14 AM
Thank you very much for the report! :)

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: STONER- A few more days
December 23, 2014, 01:04:38 PM
Thank you very much for the report! :)

No worries.

As an aside, I know quite a few of you over here. Some of my other frequented sites have fallen off so I  figured I'd do more than lurk over here. At some point we may need to discuss some sort of sponsorship due to my various current professions. I am very close to spamming on another thread on this site and that is not my intention. Gotta pay to play. I will tread lightly.

Fyi, STONER is my boat name.....I used to own a landscape  supply yard,  I swear.