Andrew Woodley-Page

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HOTS
March 19, 2008, 09:26:45 PM
Last year I began looking for a company that produces high quality equipment, specifically casting and popping rods, thus giving me a comprehensive offer.  My goal was to find a company that is in the big league in Japan, I'm only interested in top range offerings.  The company must always be field testing their equipment, not only in Japan but abroad and seek to further develop and expand their range whilst maintaining quality standards.

I am very excited to announce that I have been appointed to supply HOTS products.  HOTS products represent the pinnacle of development and are well suited to Australian conditions and pursuits.  In fact, many of the products, the GT rods for example, were developed in conjunction with field testing on the GBR as well as Komodo and Bali.  The company directors, fishing addicts themselves, frequently travel to fish new grounds and develop equipment suited to technical developments.

Please see below a very brief product summary, with full details available from the website listed at the bottom of this email.  Essentially, HOTS equipment is developed for the main angling passions of the Japanese, being;
   GT Popping
   Casting for Tuna
   Casting for Sail Fish
   Jigging for Yellow Tail King Fish
   Jigging for Hair Tail
   Squid fishing

As such there is a diverse and comprehensive product offer of premium top shelf equipment, as summarized below.  The rods are super lightweight but heavy duty made of high elastic carbon.

Tuna & Sail Fish Casting Rods "Tide Lez" 7 models available in 4 lengths, 5'9", 6'7", 7'2" and 7'8" in both medium and heavy ratings covering PE2 - PE8, 2-piece (detachable butt section)

GT Popper Rods ?Gipang? 5 models covering PE5-PE12 in lengths 7'5" to 8'3" 2-piece (detachable butt section)

Jigging Rods ? there are 4 series of jigging rods covering heavy deep jigging to finesse inshore jigging.  

'ESM' squid rods 8 models to cover a broad range of environments and Egi.

Jigs beautifully made and presented, represent cutting edge jig design, the patterns & colours have to be seen.  Designed by Japanese super star and HOTS field tester Kei Hiramatsu.

Accessories & Clothing are all high quality, perfectly designed and very practical.

For further information, please view http://www.hots.co.jp/  

AWP
Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:30:11 PM by Andrew Woodley-Page

Christian Liesaputra

Re: HOTS
March 29, 2008, 09:53:38 PM
Hi Andrew,

Why u say Hot's Gipang Tide Lez using for tuna n Gipang for GT?

How if i use Gipang Tide Lez for GT? That's good or not? Because i want buy some model for my GT popping rod.

Thanx,

Andrew Woodley-Page

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 30, 2008, 01:41:50 AM
Hi Christian,
The above was a general summary, the heavier models of Tide Lez would make fine Light GT sticks but arent rated to heavy PE or cast weight requirements of full blown GT sticks. 

Tide Lez are lighter casting rods than the Gippang, therefore by design the Tide Lez are intended for tuna and sail fish whilst the heavier Gippang models are designed for heavy GT popping.

Tide Lez;
59M, 5'9" PE2-3 cast 40g
59H, 5'9" PE2.5-4 cast 60g
67M, 6'7" PE2.5-4 cast 70g
67H, 6'7" PE3-5 cast 90g
72M, 7'2" PE4-6 cast 100g
72H, 7'2" PE5-8 cast 120g
78MH, 7'8" PE 4-6 cast 120g (this model has a 50kg GT to it's credit)

Gippang;
GT77XXXH, 7'7" PE8-12 cast 250g
GT77XH, 7'7" PE6-10 cast 230g
75XXH, 7'5" PE8-12 cast 250g
79XH, 7'9" PE 6-10 cast 230g
83H, 8'3" PE5-8 cast 200g

I will be taking the models in bold to Bugatti in 2 weeks time.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.
AWP

Hi Andrew,

Why u say Hot's Gipang Tide Lez using for tuna n Gipang for GT?

How if i use Gipang Tide Lez for GT? That's good or not? Because i want buy some model for my GT popping rod.

Thanx,

Fraser Simpson

March 30, 2008, 12:25:23 PM
Hi Andrew,

I am looking towards a 79XH as a dedicated popping rod to go alongside my Shimano GT Special which will then become a stickbait/pencil popper outfit. Given that you are now the only distributor for Aus I have a couple of questions;
1. Are you planning on selling direct to the public, or supplying to retailers?
2. When do you expect the rods to be available?
3. Do you have an approx AU$ cost yet? I see from the HOTS website the models retail around the Y50,000 mark which comes in around AU$550.

Also anticipating a detailed trip report from Bugatti featuring the HOTS rods. TIGHT LINES mate!!

Fraser

Andrew Woodley-Page

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 30, 2008, 04:09:24 PM
Hi Fraser,
I wholesale to retailers.  Availability is at their discretion.  I will be placing an order late April when I get back from Bugatti, so i will be calling on retailers to place orders then. 

In terms of price, expect the Oz price to be higher, obviously there's landed costs involved. 

I would suggest registering your interest with your local sport fishing supplier and hopefully this translates into the retailer placing an order. 

If I dont get genuine and significant response from retailers, then I may have to revisit my strategy.
AWP

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 30, 2008, 04:57:31 PM
I hope it works out Andrew - because I think you have a great product there!

Ewan Macleod

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 18, 2008, 12:33:09 PM
Hi Andrew, I just wanted to confirm the 75XXH, 7'5" PE8-12 cast 250g is a two piece (Butt join) rod. I thought it was but then saw on the HOTS web site its listed as a "single piece"

Andrew Woodley-Page

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 19, 2008, 12:03:33 AM
Hi Ewan,
the 75XXH is a '2 piece' butt join.  Just to make things easy to understand, the japanese refer to this as 1 piece, as the rod section is unbroken.....
awp