Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: First timer, headed to Bali. Need Captain
April 25, 2015, 11:05:44 PM
I had talked to several people and everyone had said Adhek or Kaisar were by far the best outfits.  Both were booked during the time of my trip so I booked another boat.  Later I found out that they kill all their fish and aren't really a good outfit for popping so I pulled the plug.  I'm a big believer in the "if you are going to do it, do it right" mantra so it didn't feel right.  I'll head back to Texas, fish locally and visit friends and then hop a plane to Venice, Lousiana and spend a day doing tunas and then another day deep dropping for swordfish/grouper

Ummmm can I go instead of you?!

Alex Wong

• Fusilier
  • One more cast.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
I think they will let it go if the hirer insist on releasing.

Trey Epic

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Likely, but when I reschedule, I will be going with a proven captain.  I actually just e-mailed Adhek. 

Going to Louisiana was a great decision.  Weather was a bit dicey, so we only made it offshore one day.  Deep dropped and caught Yellowedge groupers and Golden tilefish.  Wind blew like crazy the next 3 days, so we stayed inshore and crushed 10-30lb redfish on light tackle/ topwaters.  It was a blast. 

Alex Wong

• Fusilier
  • One more cast.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Would be good if there are some pictures for your trip.
=)

Trey Epic

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Ask and you shall receive.  We fished with Capts Eric and Monique Newman of Journey South Outfitters.  Wonderful people. 

Trey Epic

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Not sure why the pics triple posted, but there they are! haha.

John Cahill

• Fusilier
  • www.ebbtidetackle.com
  • Liked:
Another plus one for Adhek - I have fished with his operation many times and it is run to the highest standards of professionalism and service, also if he can't put you onto a Bali GT I doubt anyone could, but being good his bookings do get tight of course.
ebbtidetackle.com