Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sri Lanka Report
March 15, 2015, 04:20:03 AM
After sleeping and eating for 3 days straight upon my return and then a quick trip to California for a Trade Show and back to sleep for a few days to get my 14 hours of time changes straight, I'll post up a report.

This was a challenging trip. Primarily because I did not receive my luggage for 4 days. Then when I finally got it I realized my tackle bag had been stolen from my suitcase to the tune of about $1800.00. That will put a damper on anybody's trip. Since I was sort of the ring leader for the trip I had to keep my spirits up to avoid mutiny since the rest of the conditions were not ideal either.

It is always a crap shoot traveling to these sorts of locations but part of the fun as well. Elephants, horrible food, malaria, rough sea conditions all play a part. Some you can control other you can't. I'll spare some of the banter and just put the pics up.

The short story is good people, rough conditions, decent fishing, crappy food, lots of mosquitos and tons of memories.

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Sri Lanka Report
March 15, 2015, 04:22:05 AM

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 15, 2015, 04:23:32 AM

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 15, 2015, 04:24:32 AM

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 15, 2015, 01:02:23 PM
Nice one! I would love to visit one day!

Sacco Gerard

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 15, 2015, 07:51:52 PM
If I understood this trip was not what one would like when we go on distant country.  :(
Where were you in Sri Lanka? I go in Kirinda in 15 days
Thanks

Courtland Babcock

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 16, 2015, 12:30:22 AM
If I understood this trip was not what one would like when we go on distant country.  :(
Thanks

The real reason I do this is for the moments not caught on film. The lifelong friendships and memories that will always be part of who I am. I do not NEED to catch fish. I do NEED the time spent with other like  minded people. If you fish for the fish you miss the point.

Have an awesome trip!

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
March 16, 2015, 10:09:38 PM
Thank you for sharing the report! Nice pictures too Courtland.

Sacco Gerard

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 17, 2015, 09:11:35 PM
Thanks

The real reason I do this is for the moments not caught on film. The lifelong friendships and memories that will always be part of who I am. I do not NEED to catch fish. I do NEED the time spent with other like  minded people. If you fish for the fish you miss the point.

Have an awesome trip!

THANKS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT