Saul Allen

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Land based gt popping in karratha
April 07, 2015, 08:56:10 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, was just chasing some advice/spots for land based popping in the Karratha area and surrounds? I've tried a heap of places, I'm using good lures (brad's WCP's and ASW stickbaits) I'm pretty sure I'm using the right technique's but I just can't seem to find any decent gt's?! I would also love to be able to get into some land based tuna too but I don't know if that's even an option up here. I'm stumped guys, been here three years with bugger all luck so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have searched the forums but can't seem to find any info. Thanks guys!

Jason Haack

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Land based gt popping in karratha
April 10, 2015, 08:30:24 PM
Hi Saul,

There are no land based spots in Karratha or surrounds that will offer GT's any bigger than 2kg or tuna unfortunately.
If you are down Exmouth way GT's to 25kg are often caught of some of the local beaches.
Best advise I can offer is to buy a boat bigger than 5m and you'll be amazed what the local archipelago offers.

Cheers,

Jason

Saul Allen

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Land based gt popping in karratha
April 10, 2015, 11:08:31 PM
Thanks mate, it seems as if that is going to be the only option! Which is a bit frustrating but oh we'll, thanks for your reply mate!