Matt Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Rodrigues Island
May 14, 2015, 10:52:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I know there's lot's of info on Rodrigues already here but just humour me yeah   :D

I spoke with Yann earlier and unfortunately for the dates we want to go - 8th - 13th Nov 2015 they are fully booked.

What other operators are worth going with on the island?  Yann has recommended these guys but I know nothing about them :   http://www.defidailleurs.com/

My other left of field brainwave is to go to Tanzania instead.    My mate is coming out from the UK and I'm in Dubai so it's possible.

I don't know if Jason and Mady have availability yet either but have been in touch with them

Are there any land based fishing options on Rodrigues/Tanzania?  Which place would be better if we are forced to go with local boats?

Cheers folks.

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Rodrigues Island
May 15, 2015, 12:39:53 PM
Matt,

I've not fished Rodrigues but have fished with Jason and Mady in Tanzania.

Latham Island is a sand atoll about 100km off the coast and although local boats go out there I'm not sure I'd like to be on one of them! In any case even if you could get one I don't think they'd understand sportsfishing. Mafia Island, further to the south is more accessible but again a local boat is probably not an alternative either. 

There's a couple of operators in Sudan who use local boats, I've not tried them but have read good reports.

Early November is a pretty good time to fish Southern Oman or Musandam as well.

Regards,

Trev   

Matt Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Rodrigues Island
May 15, 2015, 05:36:27 PM

Thanks Trevor,

Mady can't take us to Latham at that time but she might be able to do some Mafia trips - just waiting for her to confirm.

We do now have another option for Rodrigues which is a 50ft Sportfisher for the full time we're there as a liveaboard.

It's with these guys :  http://www.defidailleurs.com/

Anyone got any knowledge of them?