Stephane Gouy

helo guys, i'm a french fisherman who live on reunion island near mauritius
i'll go to new caledonie next october, and i want to travel and discover islands nearly, fiji, vanuatu, wallis, tonga or (and) samoa

i'm searching about informations about fishing on this island
i like jiiging and popping, so if you have some adresses or contactss, it will be great

i'm searching too information about the way to go to salomon island from vanuatu, and from fiji to wallis

and at last, if you will be in the neighbour in october, november, i'm ok too to share a boat

i have no planning yet, i dont know howmany times i'll stay on thoses islands, if the fishing spot are goods, i can stay 10 days on each, so i you're interested, i can organise me inorderto be there in the same time as you and go fishing!!!!!

i hope lot of answer inn spite of my bad english

and if you'll be near reunion island and if you want to seach marlin, send me a maill!

thank you

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Stephane - I will only give you the same response I have already given you on another website so hopefully, someone else may have some suggestions for you
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Stephane Gouy

thank you, and nice to meet your here too!
you know, Reunion island is far away from NC,tonga fiji, so i have to search on different supports!
and i think its a good thing, because i found this forum i never seen before!
and so i can work my english!

and may be someone will have some others informations!

and maybe someone are interesting in fishing in Reunion island too! ;D ;D ;D

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Do you get GTs at Reunion, Stephane?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
helo guys, i'm a french fisherman who live on reunion island near mauritius
i'll go to new caledonie next october, and i want to travel and discover islands nearly, fiji, vanuatu, wallis, tonga or (and) samoa

i'm searching about informations about fishing on this island
i like jiiging and popping, so if you have some adresses or contactss, it will be great

i'm searching too information about the way to go to salomon island from vanuatu, and from fiji to wallis

and at last, if you will be in the neighbour in october, november, i'm ok too to share a boat

i have no planning yet, i dont know howmany times i'll stay on thoses islands, if the fishing spot are goods, i can stay 10 days on each, so i you're interested, i can organise me inorderto be there in the same time as you and go fishing!!!!!

i hope lot of answer inn spite of my bad english

and if you'll be near reunion island and if you want to seach marlin, send me a maill!

thank you

http://www.thewildernesslodge.org/, but if you had residing contacts, your options could almost be limitless.
Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:49:58 AM by Luke Wyrsta

MikeOsborn

Stephane, I am currently looking at a trip to Vanuatu later on in the year. when I recieve more details I will email them through
I was thinking of a 4 or 5 day live aboard. it will not be all popper and jig fishing as I also enjoy my marlin fishing but plenty of oppourtunities for everything I believe

Michael

Stephane Gouy

on reunion island we dont have lot of GT like in NC for example
on the west coast, the lagoon is a natural reserve, so its forbidden to fish in up to 50 meters deep....a litlle deep for popping!
i catch one time a 20 kg GT, with a manns, trolling, and one time i have the chace of having a near 20 kg gt on popping.....but its an huge chance, cause friend of mine who fish here since 2000 have only have 2 times a great gt here!
and as i'm not a popping  professional, i c

Stephane Gouy

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Stephane,

I have done a bit of research on the Solomons and I think its a place with lots of potential. Downside is you could put in a lot of effort to learn what to do different next time. There are a few operators and some areas which seem to be quite good and really cheap.  I can give you their details, during the week, as they are at my work.

Agree with Luke regarding GT's in Tonga and Samoa, they get them there, though it's big pelagics that you'd go there for.  October onwards is a good time to do this trip.

Vanuatu is easy to get to and has some top fishing, I'd recommend a live on board trip going to Santo in the remote north.  8)

I can help you with Samoa and Vanuatu trips if you want..!?

Cheers David.
Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:34:38 AM by David Noble

Stephane Gouy

hello david, thank you for informations
i see your informations about Ocean Blue Fishing Adventures,and some other fishing charters! it seems to be wonderfull trips....

but as unfortunately  i'm not Donald Trumps son, I can't buy a such great trip in Vanuatu, one more in fiji, one in wallis, in Tonga.... ;D ;D ;D and the hotel for 2 months, and the flights....

usually i go fishing with local people, and sometimes with charters too, when i can share a boat
sometimes too, as i'm the writter of the Reunion Black Marlin Team (600 readers in the french world), i be invited on boat, and write reports about the trips we do on the newsletter and on 2 main fishing french forums, sometimes, charters send me informations too every 2 month, and i explain the results, ....like poisson banane in New Caledonia for there beginning

every month, fanatics french fishermans send me mail to know where they can go fishing, ask me for adresses, advices, ...especially in the Indian Ocean, because i travel a lot in this area....

people ask me to write a special newsletter about oceania, i hope a lot of things to write...and to live!

Stephane Gouy

hello everybody!
some modifications, i think i won't go to solomons island cause i'llnot have enough time!

i 'll be in fiji and tonga where i'm looking for good adresses, or people who wants to share a boat

In vanuatu, I'm invited on some charters, cause i write every month a neswletter about fishing and send it to  650 fishermans in the french spoken world

So i have to write reports on somes charters in vanuatu, nobody knows in france that there are big fishing possibilities in Vanuatu

in Wallis, a french people propose me to go fishing with him on his boat, and discover the island on boat!
and after that, i only have one month in NC
and I have lot of contacts, with fishing organisations firstable, to make reports one more time!, but with fanatics fishermans too, someone of then read my newsletter and send me sometimes reports about NC, so its great to can fish with them!

you says that in tonga, its difficult to catch GT on popper, what did you think of jig in this area?