Brian Maccarone

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Montes to Barrow Island
June 23, 2015, 10:11:44 AM
A few surface fish we got from a trip out off Karratha Western Australia. The bigger GT had a short length of 139cm. Pulled the hooks on two other really good Gts and landed a few other smaller models. Caught some really good trout and some epic sessions on the mackys on surface too. Did a bit of jigging at Rankin Bank for some good bottom fish but no Doggies for us. May have had something to do with the Great White circling the boat. Didn't get a chance to pop the out side of Barrow because of the weather but the inside had some great ground for smaller surface tackle and diving for crays and trout.

[/url

[url=http://postimg.org/image/qsiqp11jr/]

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Montes to Barrow Island
June 23, 2015, 03:56:13 PM
Brian,

Some lovely fish.

139cm GT on the flat is a bus!

Regards,

Trev   

Ryan Keith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
June 26, 2015, 11:57:36 PM
139 cm is impressive... Gotta love our "local" Aussie GTs. Also, that's one of the only Chinaman fish I've seen caught on the surface. Nice work!
If it ain't topwater... quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Brian Maccarone

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
June 27, 2015, 09:16:44 AM
The chinaman  pulled super hard I thought is was the trout of a life time! Power for weight they are up there with the best.

Ryan Keith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
June 27, 2015, 01:17:07 PM
The chinaman  pulled super hard I thought is was the trout of a life time! Power for weight they are up there with the best.
Haha no doubt! They cop a bad rap, but they do put up one hell of a fight! I've caught a few using octopus jigs and called them for emperor.
If it ain't topwater... quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.