• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GT. Popping in sudan
July 01, 2015, 07:30:55 AM
Hello every one ,
I'm wondering if any of you guys fished in Sudan ,
I'm invited to a trip in Sudan in October ,
How's the fishing down there? Is it safe ?
What gear shall I bring with me ?
I think I'm covered in the popping side with 1 popping rod and 2 stick bait
Is it worth it to take light casting rod ?
And regarding the jigging I own swage 310 gram max jig will it be good to target the dogtooth or shall I upgrade my rod ?

Tight lines !

Robert Woll

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: GT. Popping in sudan
July 01, 2015, 04:57:28 PM
Hi Hamad,

from what I heard popping there is good. BUT currently it seems that a lot of interesting areas have been fordidden access because of the war in Jemen. Please verify. This might limit your opportunities for good fishing quite a lot.

Good luck and cheers,

Robert

Amr Kehila

• Foundation Moderator
  • Fusilier
  • [FORUM IT SUPPORT]
  • Liked:
July 02, 2015, 12:08:00 AM
Hi Hamad,

Best to contact Nicola Vitali from Wild Sea Expeditions about this area. He has been guiding there for the past 5 weeks and of course ongoing.

Yoshikazu Devantier

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
July 04, 2015, 06:29:31 PM
Hamad,

I made a trip to Sudan last October with Wild Sea Expeditions. It was pretty safe, a lot of foreigners go there for diving. Fishing was pretty good. Popping/Jigging reefs we caught a lot of mid to upper 20kg GT. Red bass, Spanish Mac, Doggies. There are a lot of flats that are very good for fly fishing. Its a hot spot for trigger fish. Also a good chance for GT on a fly also. You should be fine with that jigging rod!

Good luck

Hamad Alroumi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 09, 2015, 03:14:46 AM
Thanks a lot all for your reply , I've already booked for the trip with wild sea expedition , hope I'll have a good trip there
I'm still crossing my fingers for our boat to finish before the season starts in southern Oman!
One is almost done the other two still need a lot of work , when they finish I'll be fishing Oman every month 😍😍