Oliver Deakin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Carpenter EP 85/36 alternatives
January 06, 2016, 11:43:56 AM
Tried one of these the other day, just for test casting and liked a lot. Obviously this is only half the picture, but I was impressed with its casting and it's versatility in working poppers and sinking stick baits.

Can any of the tackle gurus tell me what rod is equivalent in the Ripple Fisher range as I can buy RF for about 25% less than Carpenters.

I am based in the UK.

Mark Richie

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Carpenter EP 85/36 alternatives
January 06, 2016, 01:42:08 PM
Hi Oliver,

The Endless Passion range is quite unique to Carpenter what with the length. I think the closest would probably be the f-stick range with the 82LC being as close as you can get for it's versatility. Or possibly an Ultimo 82MH but it's going to be less ideal for poppers.

Glenn Waddle

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 06, 2016, 03:47:08 PM
Hi Oliver
I like the casting edge of 8536 but the versatility on paper I feel is over rated. This rod in my opinion is a stick bait rod and using it with popper just saps ur energy. As to whether or not LC is a closest I am not sure too. Brandon once commented that the lc is tending to a stick bait and this has been seconded by Mark Harris. The upcoming LC nano was field tested with cup E. These events has made me confused too.
Cheers

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
January 07, 2016, 05:08:52 AM
I have both rods, and i would say the 85/36 is a stickbait rod which can be used with smaller poppers (max 125g). The 82LC is more of an allrounder and will handle 150g poppers and larger stickbaits. My out and out chugger rod is a GT78 Powerfight.