Andrew Hurley

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Working gammas
March 22, 2016, 01:56:48 PM
Hi all

I can work other stickbaits well enough ulua, dogtooth, hammerhead, strategic anglers. All of these lures weigh between 100 to 200g running all with 12/0 to 15/0 Jignesis singles.

Recently picked up a couple of 140 and 160 GT gamma diablo, been practising swimming {sweep} and have basically zero consistency from sweep to sweep swimability :-\. Is there a treble bias with these sticks.....?etc

Any words of advice/opinion/insight to getting them swimming right.

Cheers

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Working gammas
March 23, 2016, 07:45:47 AM
Hi Andrew,

Although i have no experience with working gammas, i have seen a few YouTube video tutorials that might assist.

From what i have been told also, gamma is a calm water lure so much harder to work in rough conditions. Might be wrong, just what i've been told.

If you haven't already, check out YouTube. Might help. Will also be plenty of info on this subject on this forum if you search.

Cheers, Chris

Dan Hanon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 23, 2016, 03:10:09 PM
Gammas are specifically designed to be used with Gamakatsu GT Recorder trebles, so don't use singles. 

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
April 08, 2016, 11:55:50 PM
Have a look here
http://gtpopping.com/forum/index.php/topic,7262.msg59523.html#msg59523

There's lots of different ways to work them everyone has their own style the trick is to get the basics right then fool around till you happy. I'm ot sure where the calm water only reputation comes from they work just fine for me in rough water it one of the first lures I reach for in fact, as you can give them an aggresive short hit and leave a great smoke trail in rough water. I find them fine to swim with singles but I'll only do this if I'm targeting tuna.