Topwater Scombridae: Southern & Northern Bluefin Tuna (BFT), Yellowfin Tuna (YFT), Dogtooth Tuna > Tackle & Techniques

new BT stickball rod

(1/2) > >>

Marc Vandaele:
hi,
i am searching for a +8ft stickbait rod,only for tuna,from a small boat(7,5m)for small lures from range 40 to 100grams and as target to tuna to +-75kgs
i need a longer rod for the distance,so that's why +8ft
i own a carpenter coral viper but that's not the right one...
for this moment i was thinking on next rods
Temple Reef BD150
Racepoint 150
MC Works seven miles,which one...
Carpenter BLC,which one...
Ripple fisher...
and Patriot Design,difficult to find someone that use it,but they look great,grand captured tuna zx or...
open for others of course but it must be a proven rod,strong and light
i gone use a daiwa saltiga 6500H,PE6 or 8,or do i need a 8000...or power gear for the better fit
i hope you can help me out with this,i have a few rods in the corner here that i used only a few times,i don't do that mistake anymore,first asking and then buy:)

tight lines
marc

Marc Vandaele:
it must be BFT stickbait rod :o

Damien Rynja:
Synit Van Dieman X46

I don't know much about the Tuna in question but this seems to match your stats.
Length: 8'4" (253cm) Weight: 405g Cast Weight: 50-120g Line Weight: PE#4-6 Sections: Butt Joint  Packed Length: 184cm  Butt Length: 80cm
or X58 (I own one of these and it's super nice, but much heavier casting range)

Length: 8'2" Weight: 410g Cast Weight: 60-140g Line Weight: PE5-8 Sections: Butt Joint Packed Length: 179cm Butt Length: 80cm

Marc Vandaele:
Thanks Damien
I hear a lot of good comment from people who own a synit or want one,but never see one..
Who is the dealer,i contact ones synit NZ but that was not easy

Damien Rynja:
FishHead here in Australia stock them.

Luckily for me they're only an hour down the road, but I'm sure they ship internationally too..

for reference my X58 is matched to a 14k with 100lb/PE8 Monster battle.

http://fishhead.com.au/synit-van-diemen-x46-black/

X35 has casting specs but sounds like a light rod for 75kg tuna (like I said I don't know much about these tuna (only what I read on here)

http://fishhead.com.au/synit-van-diemen-x35-black-gold/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version