Khai Huang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fishing charter Cairns or Townsville
May 13, 2016, 06:05:28 PM
After a cracker start to the year with a trip to Ranfurly, NZ where the kings bit their heads off on topwater, has been pretty poor year fishing wise for me.
I have a bit of leave booked up in the Cairns/Townsville area in early June and keen to get some fishing in.

Can anyone recommend a good charter operator up that way? GT popping obviously the preference, but happy with general lure/sports fishing options also. Would probably only be for one person which can be tricky I know.

Damien Rynja

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Fishing charter Cairns or Townsville
May 13, 2016, 09:01:27 PM
I have done live aboard with http://www.reelchasecharters.com/ and rate Brett highly as a captain (first GT was off his boat).

Khai Huang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 03, 2016, 04:08:52 PM
For future reference, if anyone is interested, can highly recommend this bloke: http://www.fishingcharterstownsville.com.au
Operates out of Lucinda, and really knows what he is doing (as compared to a lot of charters who are more targeted at taking out tourists for bottom bashing etc). The mackies bit their heads off on jigs, but was hard to get anything past the sharks. Did end up with a decent geet.

Chun Ming

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
November 22, 2016, 01:55:19 PM
Another recommendation, I can highly recommend Coral Sea Sportfishing Safaris out of Cairns.
Captain is experienced and has worked with Nomad.
Boat is purpose built for sportfishing and take you out to the edges of the GBR (we launched from Port Douglas and one one day, did not end up far from the Quicksilver diving platform at Agincourt).
Saltiga Dogfight reels and Wilson Venom rods with Nomad lures as hire gear if you didn't have your own.
Best of all, friendly on the wallet.
Not affiliated in any way, just had a great experience.