Tony Warnett

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Its A Shame
September 26, 2016, 09:39:30 AM
When I First started out in Top Water I used this site as a Research Tool.

It put me in contact with people I would have never met in a Thousand years of searching, and taken me too destinations I had only dreamed of.

Giving me the opportunity to discuss tackle with people that had used it..yes I know times change and now Facebook is the area of focus for this stage of progress in social media.

I just miss the full trip reports from destinations and tackle reviews and the "Monster Class" purple circle watching and commenting when and if required.

All up excellent site and thanks to all those who have contributed over the years and hope to see a come back!

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Its A Shame
September 26, 2016, 04:38:54 PM
Totally agree, Tony. The trip reports were something that I loved very much! On facebook all you see is pictures but you don't get the story behind

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 27, 2016, 08:13:17 AM
I too totally agree Peter and Tony. A lot of really good discussions have taken place on this site, with an abundance of peoples contributions & experience tackle talk, rigging and with also added bonus that people with always respectful to each other. Not like other sites, where idiots just rave on and comment with abuse.

I suppose in a way, people have gone to other sites and yes that Facebook...

It didn't help that this site was offline for a long time and has been unstable too. Amr..always I'm sure tried hard to get it up and running as soon as possible.

Peter, thanks again with past help on rod advice  :).

Regards

Leo

Michael Mancini

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 27, 2016, 03:24:44 PM
A few good reports and it might come back to life...

Hope so anyway as I still have a lot to learn.

Cheers

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
September 28, 2016, 04:46:03 AM
Let's hope that now the site is back up and running properly the guys start drifting back. The willingness to share info and the quality of the trip reports set it apart from other sites.

Joshua Fifis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 25, 2016, 08:29:50 AM
It's the same with all the different fishing forums. I am an avid member of a land based shark fishing forum and I love writing up my reports with full photos and all but you just don't seem to get the response any more and it really make you think "what's the point of writing a report that no one is going to read".
There's always a bigger fish!

Ross Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 25, 2016, 10:43:25 AM
Rebuild it and they will come 

Ben Lee

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
November 24, 2016, 05:08:49 AM
I totally agree Tony. With out this forum I never would have met Jason or yourself and be heading on a trip of a lifetime next year. I knew fuck all about topwater fishing before I got onto this site. I really hope it comes back hard for there is a bit too much wank involved with other pages and sites for my liking.

Jason Haack

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
November 24, 2016, 10:25:25 PM
hear hear Ben, well said

Tony Warnett

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 26, 2016, 02:38:59 PM

Defiantly a difference between Lure Collectors and Fisherman Benno how many would you see casting Poppers in the Pilbara in Summer Bro.

I was introduced to the WSE Team on this site and was able to Pre Test a Coral Viper before purchase with a member from Perth. 

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 26, 2016, 09:22:27 PM
I have been pretty negligent with the site for a very long time. A lot of people these days prefer Facebook and the various groups there. It's a pity because is was a great community. At the end of the day, if people want to contribute here, we can rebulid the community
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 26, 2016, 10:32:57 PM
Welcome back Brandon, your input to the site over the years has been invaluable. I hope your return prompts some more of the old familiar names to log in to see what's going on.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 27, 2016, 07:10:32 AM
Thanks Chris. If the interest is there, certainly happy to kick it off again.
I'm not much of a Facebook poster. I tend to react to the odd post but that is about all
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Ksr

December 27, 2016, 03:42:13 PM
i so badly wanted to get in. never fished for gt`s before, planning a trip in the near future, was so upset nobody approved me for months, finally when they approved me and let me in, so shocked. ...... this place is a graveyard.

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 27, 2016, 04:14:05 PM
Soak up the knowledge from old posts Ksr, it's all good info.