Mohamad Kahawati

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Anyone tried any of these two rods Ripple Fisher Final Spirit GT 79 Nano & GT 80 Nano , Are they considered as all rounder or specialized GT popping rods. what is the minimum popper in terms of weight can be used.

Ripple fisher claim both can be used on the below hummer head poppers, is this the case ?
- Large Cup Face like G & I Cup
- Medium Cup Face like D & E Cup
- Small Cup Face like C Cup

Since they are built using nano technology, how they will act with chuggers ?

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
I haven't used one but looking at the specs these are EXTREME GT rods. A PE12 rod is a very specialized piece of kit, there are very few anglers who are fit enough or have the fighting technique to justify owning one. I am not one of them !
Where do you normally fish and what size fish are you targetting if you don't mind me asking ?
I've owned a few other Ripples / Yamagas and they have always performed as described by Ripplefisher so there is no reason to doubt that these will be any different.

Mohamad Kahawati

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Hi Chris,

New to GT fishing and into my first trip to South Oman. I'll have carpenter The Blue Lagoon 80/40 as my PE8 stickbait rod. As for popping rod, I shortlisted the mentioned ripple fishers, with carpenter Monster Hunter 80H and Hummerhead Faube 77h.

Since ripple fisher said it can cast from C cup to I cup, then it's my only popping rod for my first trip and I can use it for different poppers, not only large face.

So the advise is to go with RF 79 or 80 ?

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
If you are going to S Oman you will be using poppers from 150 - 200g. A baptism of fire !!

I would suggest either the RF79 or a Powerfight GT711. If you are in Dubai you should be able to see both these rods in Barracuda.

The Monster Hunter a very popular rod and is a proven all rounder. It will handle big stickbaits and poppers up to 150g. It could be difficult to get hold of though.

Mohamad Kahawati

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Hi Chris,

Yes i am in Dubai and Barracuda have both ripple fishers, the 79H Nano and 80XH Nano.

So you suggest the 79H. I am also convinced with it for its casting capabilities with Stella 18K PE8, even though the 80xh is same rod weight but stiffer

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Yes, the Final Spirit GT 79. And I would also recommend that you use PE10 on your 18k in S Oman.