Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Heru poppers/stickbaits
August 29, 2008, 06:48:42 PM
Adhek lures and Heru lures do not look alike. If you had them side by side, you would be able to see that.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
August 30, 2008, 08:39:08 AM
Excuse my limited knowledge on popping....looking at those lures some of them have similar shape as the one that Adhek Bali produced....the one on the top left side similar to Pompom and the second from bottom right side similar to Gecko....

Bwanna, those are Adhek lures you picked in the photo, 2 Goby stick-baits, a Pompom and a Gecko.

Brandon, are you still having your seeing the picture problems on you computer??

Greg 'FFF' Burt

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
August 30, 2008, 10:01:16 AM
And while we're on the subject..........some more pretty cuberas.

Eriko Susanto

December 01, 2008, 03:23:44 PM
hello everyone, heru's popper and stick bait are from  gombong central java's, indonesian origins, but i dont know which one were first made,nomad's or heru's or even the same products.
since popping was booming here (indonesia) there many indonesian craftsman made some poppers (adhek's , heru's, hany's, hooky's , yanto's and many more ) and some were traded by nets ,included herus's which were traded by [URL removed by admin].
alls these poppers were solid mahogany woods, and (IMHO) cheaps in local indonesian currency ( except adhek's  the others are below 15 usd, even some products are around 5 usd )
I have tried them all, ( and lost them too ;D ) and landed some 20+ GT's
(IMHO )they  were much stronger than the plastic based one which an 20 kg + gt can crush the plastic models easily )

MOD EDIT: removed link. Fish Head stocks these items  ;)
Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 04:26:11 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Colin P

December 01, 2008, 08:54:41 PM
Here's a selection of GT Mania, Cubera, Ulua and Wahoo lures from Heru. Bought these on a "take what comes" basis at different times and as you can see I've ended up with quite a variety of colours!

I enjoy looking at my toys but many years of fishing have convinced me that colour is usually way less important than action.