Pat Victorino

Re: Fishing in Hawaii
September 26, 2008, 05:26:02 AM
Brock,

Just have another look at Pat in that top photo.
There is an awful lot of rod that isn't bending on that big GT!!!
Are you up to it?????

Pat, if you read this, I'd like your thoughts on the rod....it looks like a serious bit of gear that does not like to yield to GT's!

Cheers

Aaron.

Hi Aaron-It's definately a lot of rod to handle.I agree with you and wouldn't want to be holding it on 40lbs drag with a Huge NC or Frasier GT on the end of it.This rod is deigned to target really big GT'S.No doubt-if u can handle it then it can subdue any fish.

Aaron Concord

September 26, 2008, 09:50:21 PM
Pat,

After seeing the Black Mafia in the flesh, I figured on getting the Black Diamond 77, which I figured I could use for a full-on popping day in ugly territory....the Black Mafia & Fire Vortex seemed out of my league.

Whatever your biggest rod is, you still need to be able to fish it and then survive it after a fish or 2!!!!

Thanks for your insite.

Aaron.

Pat Victorino

September 27, 2008, 05:09:54 AM
Pat,

After seeing the Black Mafia in the flesh, I figured on getting the Black Diamond 77, which I figured I could use for a full-on popping day in ugly territory....the Black Mafia & Fire Vortex seemed out of my league.

Whatever your biggest rod is, you still need to be able to fish it and then survive it after a fish or 2!!!!

Thanks for your insite.

I totally agree Aaron

Aaron.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
September 27, 2008, 11:27:55 AM
I can agree with that in the context of say Mena Suvari but I sure can't think of Brock that way!   :D   ;D

i appreciate the compliment Aaron, for being put in the same category as Luke, anyway mate have you ever heard of the saying " good things come in small packages" hahahahaa

oh Aaron i could say so much more.
we have alot to catch up on mate
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
September 27, 2008, 08:16:26 PM
thank you Brandon, glad to know that you are thinking of me!!!!!!
i'm sure that Aaron has more to say about that though :D :D :D :D

Gordon Low

October 02, 2008, 08:22:30 PM
Well, hopefully my Fire Vortex will be here in November... just in time for when the warm currents start hitting the coast here and the big Geets start stirring regularly ;D

Brock, I'll be sure to have it with me when we fish Bugatti together.... you're more than welcome to have a swing on it and prove "Petal" wrong. That if you don't make it up sooner.

Gordo

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
October 02, 2008, 08:23:12 PM
Gordon, i can not wait to see you bending up that new rod of yours @ Bugatti next year, do you think you are up for it? i dam well hope so as i want to be there with the video camera. Oh also cheering you on, GO MATE :D :D :D you can do it