Chris Cass

Blue Rose Jigging Rods
April 18, 2007, 01:38:35 PM
Has anyone used the Blue Rose jigging rods? Thinking about picking one up in the next couple of months. I have noticed they aren't on many tackle shop websites, does anyone know rough retail prices?

Cheers

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Blue Rose Jigging Rods
April 21, 2007, 08:59:39 PM
Chris - what do you intend to fish for with these and what weight line do you intend to run? The Blue Roses are beautifully light but the range in Australia is quite limited. Unfortunately, the PE8 model (53SD) has developed an unfortunate reputation as it is a 100% model. I've used one and I loved it but I never felt like I could fully load up on PE8.

The other issue raised by a number of people is that it is a little short at 5'3".

At the end of the day, you should find one to try before you buy if possible.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Paul Chan

• Fusilier
  • Here...fishy...fishy...fishy !!
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 08:43:35 PM
Hello there,

I have two Blue Rose fishing rod from Japan, one spinning and other overhead. My spinning is 4"8 and overhead 6" ft. Very light, I've fished with it once for AJ. It's an awesome rod for jigging. If you live in Brisbane, meet up and I can show you the rods. As I am working so much,I haven't fish for 6 months now.... and am thinking about selling my gears. Cheers.
Paul CHAN

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 09:01:15 PM
Paul - what weight line are they designed to fish? We don't get either of those models in Australia. I just realised I left out the word "graphite" after 100% in my previous post   ::)

Paul Chan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 17, 2007, 10:47:14 PM
Hello Brandon,

I use PE 6 and PE 8 on my S4815F Blue rose before and I can load up the PE8 with no prob. It has so much power. It would match a Stella 2000FA perfectly, I reckon it would be a nice stick for big doggy, cos you really need to put a some break on those. Seems to suit my short stroke jigging style, I would out fish my friend 2 to 1 most of the times.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul CHAN

Paul Chan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 18, 2007, 11:32:02 PM
On the other hand, most people would like a longer rod, probably 6ft, bcos if a big doggy dive down under the boat you 're in trouble or you might go for a swim.

Paul CHAN

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 22, 2007, 08:14:10 AM
Hi Brandon
i use a s60md model blue rose rated pe10 deadlift 20kg and match it to a stella 20000 catch plenty yellowfin tuna with it biggest to date 82kg took 40minutes awsome rods rated for jigs upto 590grams have the japanese catologue with me if you need specs give me a shout cheers mark

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 22, 2007, 08:43:07 AM
Hi Mark did you or have you caught any yellowfin on jigs?
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 22, 2007, 09:57:50 PM
Hi cam
yes the jiggingmaster 200gram blue longpin jigs as well as the hookers in blue/gold work well for me rigged with owner 9/0 SJ51 hooks for jiggingmaster and a 4/0 owner ST66 treble for the hookers.the 85gram caltiva jigs in pink/blue deadly on smaller 25-45kg yellows.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 19, 2007, 08:24:07 PM
Hi Mark - sorry, I didn't read your post previously. I am familiar with the model of the Blue Rose that you have. I think it is the strongest model in the entire range, if I am not mistaken!

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 20, 2007, 10:38:15 PM
hi brandon
getting another blue rose in the post today.awsome rods getting the b51sd model cant go wrong with the rods the s60md is the heaviest, i do think the cosmetics are a bit much.Going to test this one at Bassas soon.PS. do you know what is happening with sevenseas heard a story that involves ag??????
cheers mark

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 21, 2007, 04:23:01 PM
Mark, the Blue Roses are great but the SD (super drive) range are 100% graphite and there are many who don't think that is ideal. On the other hand, I know someone who has absused the hell out of his and it has lived to tell the tale! Let us know how you go with it.

I like the Smiths myself with the Nirai being my favourite although I am much looking forward to receiving a Carpenter I ordered a while back.

Re Seven Seas - I was told by the distributor in Singapore that they were expecting another batch of rods soon but they don't know what is happening beyond that at this stage. If your inquiry was more along the lines of where Matsutani is or is going, well, a lot of conjecture but nothing concrete