Thomas Boquet

Uitoe reef fishing in New Caledonia
April 19, 2007, 05:52:55 PM
Hi,
I live in New Caledonia (noumea)...I go fishing every week end....The last session w've done 3 GT( 15+, 30+ and 30+), 2 coral truit ( about 8 and 7 kg ), and a little yellow fin (only 2 kg  :D )...

Photos :

Video :
http://www.livevideo.com/video/ABC326F9A88A4FFB8DF4C8B6B6F6888B/giant-trevally-fishing-in-new-.aspx

I hope you will enjoy the pictures and the video

Thomas

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Uitoe reef fishing in New Caledonia
April 19, 2007, 08:50:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Thomas - some great catches ;D

Love the video - really shows off the New Caledonian fishery and some of the spectacular mountains that are in view from the reefs 8)

Where abouts is this reef in New Caledonia?

Hope to see more reports in the future ;)

Cheers,
Luke

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
April 19, 2007, 08:52:00 PM
I love the first photo of the waves crashing on the reef. One of my most favourite locations to lob big poppers & stickbaits :D

Thomas Boquet

April 19, 2007, 10:45:40 PM
Uitoe is at an half of a hour from Noumea by car....then to go on the reef it's about 45 minutes of boat....it's very close to Noumea and we have got a cottage on uitoe....so we take the car the friday evening then when we arrive we prepare the boat the rods and the lures...and we are ready to fish the day after...:)...

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
April 19, 2007, 10:56:07 PM
Uitoe is at an half of a hour from Noumea by car....then to go on the reef it's about 45 minutes of boat....it's very close to Noumea and we have got a cottage on uitoe....so we take the car the friday evening then when we arrive we prepare the boat the rods and the lures...and we are ready to fish the day after...:)...

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 28, 2007, 09:54:09 PM
You boys are living the dream - RESPECT

Great fish, Great location- I will have to get over their and try some of that, if that is ok......

Excellent video work too - I love your choice of transitions well done. I love seeing how other parts of the world do the GT thing... Thanks

8)