Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Advice with my setup
November 19, 2008, 06:31:57 AM
Anthony,

Great report mate,looks like you guys really had some fun. Good to see that you all got into the action & collected a mixed bag of goodies.
BTW it looks like you really have done your homework on the way you write a report, i bet you have been reading alot of reports from Brandon, or did he give you a hand with this? Just joking Bandon.
Also good to see that you give a very detailed description on all the gear used by your mates on this trip.

PS. When & where is the next adventure

Stephen Wan

November 19, 2008, 09:34:04 AM
Hi guys... snowed under with work, so I posted a report here about my recent trip to Kilwa...
www.africanaquatics.co.za/KILWA.htm

Great report! Thanks for all the pics.

Colin P

November 19, 2008, 08:11:32 PM
Great report and pics Antony - glad to hear the Whiplash held up. Proof of the pudding and all that! Fact is we all have our preferences re lines and set-ups and the only thing that really matters is to find something that works for you.

I favour 100 test hollow braid for popping because it's relatively thin (similar diameter to 80 test Tufline XP), it's resistance to sinking is not an issue and I can quickly splice line together if I lose a bunch. Hence, Stella 10000 with 20000 spool, 100 test hollow spliced into a few yards of 200 test hollow, the latter being catspawed to a 200 test Varivas twisted leader.

Look forward to a report on your next trip.

Cheers

Colin