Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Locked Topics
November 02, 2008, 01:11:00 PM
I note the topic re impending tackle price rises has been locked off to further reply.

I also note that it has been left up so that people can see the posts that were made prior to it being locked.

However, I was just wondering why it was locked off...? It was an expression of views that didn't seem overly offensive, there were opinions both ways, and it is a matter that is very near and dear to a lot of our hearts...particularly when talking about top end popping and jigging gear which is pretty expensive for us retail consumers.

Anyway, I was just wondering because I don't want to fall foul of any forum rules I am unaware of, but at the same time it seemed a valid topic for discussion

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Locked Topics
November 02, 2008, 03:04:06 PM
I believe Luke must have taken offence at one of Stephen questions and locked it, even though IMO it was justifiable due to Lukes employment, but not exactly a needed question, I also believe Luke's answers were knowledge based not bias. I would also like the topic to remain open as it is relevant to us with our different opinions, in what is happening in the tackle industry which is a speck on our world financial roller coaster.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 02, 2008, 03:27:32 PM
Oh, yeah I thought it was a bit harsh to ask whether Luke is unbiased or not. I mean, not saying he is or anything, but we all bring our own 'biases' to bear on the issue. I am a consumer, and tragically a retail one (ie, not sponsored or affiliated with any brands, not working for a tackle shop or company and getting a discount), so I am biased towards low prices for the end consumer  ;)

At the same time I like to take as objective a view as I can. I understand Luke's point and I totally understand why prices have to go up. Its just that the corrolary, that is, prices going down in 'good times' has not been dealt with and I think it is a valid question....

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
November 02, 2008, 07:29:58 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on the topic.

No one has done anything wrong, I made a call to lock the thread because there was the possibility of the thread degenerating into something negative. I didn't take offense to anyone's comments, however, I thought some were not required - that is simply my opinion. Result = thread locked.

Bias or not, there is little praise going around for the manufacturers/distributors these days. I felt it necessary to provide my POV based on my experiences with these issues on the "other side" (to clarify, I do not speak for Shimano or any other manufacturer on an official basis for this issue).

I will think about re-opening the other thread.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
November 02, 2008, 09:11:12 PM
The thread in question has been unlocked.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 02, 2008, 11:13:15 PM
Good one Luke, that is where Aaron's post belongs.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Aaron Concord

November 03, 2008, 01:19:51 PM
Bun,

You are right...it does belong in the other thread now its unlocked :)

Aaron.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
November 03, 2008, 01:46:35 PM
Done  ;D