General > General Topwater & Jigging Discussion

Introductions :: Who Are You?

(1/97) > >>

Luke Wyrsta:
Please introduce yourself for the benefit of the other forum members.

This will help us to build the forum for where Australian poppers & jiggers go for their information and to share their experiences. International fisherman also welcome ;D

You may also want to include some pictures of your best/favourite catches (and release ;))

Greg Burt:
Left a reply under Hi' I'm Bernie! Im didn't know which subject to put it under?

Luke Wyrsta:

--- Quote from: GPB on March 11, 2007, 07:27:22 PM ---Left a reply under Hi' I'm Bernie! Im didn't know which subject to put it under?

--- End quote ---

No worries Greg.

That's fine ;D

Andrew Poulos:
Hi all

Nickname is squidgie, and you will probably see it all over in different forums. Im into spinning a lot of lures around sydney and south coast off the rocks, and livebaiting. I like using surface lures alot, and have been picking up all kinds of tips form the GT forums so I can target my fav fish around here-kingies' aka yellowtail kingfish....

Pretty ordinary season for me this summer. Bad planning has seen me out in crap conditions alot with not much to show. Been drilled a few times and what I have landed has just barely been legal. Going to be concentrating alot with poppers now that I have some decent gear. Hoping to head north again soon and get stuck into some big GTs too....

Andrew

Jon Li:
Hi all ,

My nickname is Sportfisherman and my real name is Jon , I live mostly in Jakarta - Indonesia and Bali whenever my presence in the office is not needed . I started GT popping in 2002 after meeting a few Japanese anglers , namely Mr. Mogi n companies ( Grouper boys ) and have fished with a few GT anglers from all over the world since then and my favourite GT fishing spots are Komodo and Sumba . I fish for YFTs with popping technique too , there is a good place to fish for YFTs not more than 3 hrs drive from Jakarta in the Indian Ocean shore of South Java , some GT can be found there too but nothing spectacular in size .

I have fished PNG but that trip is marred by tropical cylone Larry , we did not reach the intended fishing area and had to seek the calmer area along the Morobe coasts , would love to return to PNG again but that is not up to me because my PNG based friend will have to be the one to determine the time .

I am affliated with Carpenter rod manufacturer and only deal with this brand , we attempt to give the best advise on which rod that will suit each individual angler but without being able to see how one casts , it's difficult to judge what one is capable of with such and such rod , past experiences with such and such rod
will help narrow the choises .

I am not a young bloke , 57 year old who has been fishing from the tender age of 5 year old with mono line wound onto a condensed milk can , starting with tilapia n carp and then on to more serious target . Used to troll extensively but now I tend to doze off while trolling but come very much alive when popping , especially when the schooling fish is visible as such in the case of YFT popping . I fish freshwater lure fishing too and my favourite casting rods are G Loomis in IMX/GLX and my reels are a mix of Daiwas and Shimanos .

For me , fishing is my hobby and the other sports ( tennis ) is just to keep in physical conditions , it's been awhile I played tennis though !

Jon . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version