• Likes Given: 0
Re: Introductions :: Who Are You?
May 24, 2007, 10:48:51 PM

Welcome Fred - good to finally have you on the forum ;D

Philip Jagger

June 06, 2007, 12:29:24 PM
Hi All,

I am from Perth Western Australia and have been fascinated with fishing for as long as I can remember. I enjoy all aspects of angling from bream spinning to the heavier side of things (jigging, popping etc). While I am yet to land any big gt's I have an intense fascination with these fish.

I also love photography, videography and writing about our sport.

Regards,

Phil

fredboikov

June 06, 2007, 03:52:27 PM
Hi Everybody,
                   my names Fred and im the Australian New south wales state manager for EJ Todd and son imports. We import products like Gloomis rods, Sunline Japanese Lines, Snowbee products. Ive worked for them for 10years now previously with the fishing tackle retailer  Compleat Angler. have always loved fishing any form as long as theres string coming off the reel.My favourite jig is a Smith Nagamasa and Kronik GT poppers.Hope to learn heaps about popping and jigging.
Fred

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
June 14, 2007, 08:51:23 PM
Hi Everybody,
                   my names Fred and im the Australian New south wales state manager for EJ Todd and son imports. We import products like Gloomis rods, Sunline Japanese Lines, Snowbee products. Ive worked for them for 10years now previously with the fishing tackle retailer  Compleat Angler. have always loved fishing any form as long as theres string coming off the reel.My favourite jig is a Smith Nagamasa and Kronik GT poppers.Hope to learn heaps about popping and jigging.
Fred

Welcome Fred & Phillip.

Fred - can you give me any more info about the Kronik popper - i'm not familiar with them.

Tony Jreige

June 14, 2007, 11:48:38 PM
im Tony aka R_Zee
i try to fish twice a week on my 23foot sportfish.
target the kingies mainly, live baiting in summer and jigging in winter.
im dying to give the YFT a go on jigs this winter, i dont know of anyone who does it in deep waters though (500m+) any suggestions?
Tony

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 15, 2007, 07:49:31 AM
Hi Tony - welcome aboard. Jigging for yellowfin isn't something that is widely done in Australia as far as I am aware.

To fish the depths you're suggesting, you'd need an electric reel - and a big one at that.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Tony Jreige

June 21, 2007, 09:40:52 PM
 :D Thanks for that Brandon...
i wasnt intending on dropping the jig all the way down!!
i was hoping some1 jigs for yellow fin in these waters i.e. Browns Mountain in order to get some feedback.
Do you think its worth while jigging while cubing?
dropping say 50-80m of line at a time..
Tony

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 21, 2007, 09:55:01 PM
If I were out there cubing, I would be dropping jigs down as well for sure. Then you get more chances of hooking up to something, and if the fish come up up could try a small popper or stickbait. But from what Ive seen most people just troll or cube for them though instead . Some nice fish coming out of the south coast at the moment too.

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 22, 2007, 04:29:39 AM
Hi guys
mark stotesbury from south africa a total yellowfin tuna nut,don't get gt's here but travel to the islands/atolls off Madagascar.Any help is appreciated i do know that big yellows eat big stickbaits!!!!!!   

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
June 22, 2007, 09:25:27 AM
Hi guys
mark stotesbury from south africa a total yellowfin tuna nut,don't get gt's here but travel to the islands/atolls off Madagascar.Any help is appreciated i do know that big yellows eat big stickbaits!!!!!!   

Hi Mark,

Welcome! Would love to hear more about your yellowfin and Madagascar experiences! Some great fishing over there 8)

aaron

June 24, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
hi there.my name is aaron and age is 23.I live at arlie beach whitsundays and let me tell you there is so many fish here!!im really keen to start jigging and poppen for GTs....ive seen photos of massive GTs caught around here..ive been doing a lot of exploring around here trying to find GTs but just cant then.would like to learn every thing about this fish.anything and every thing will help...

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 25, 2007, 05:34:39 AM
Hi Tony
we catch all our yellowfin tuna 15-40miles offshore- chumming-would that be the same as cubing??if so the fish in your chumline tend to focus mainly on the chunks and seldom nail a jig it's the fish 40+m under them that are suckers for the jig drop deep and hang on,we fish in an area 500-1400m.for some reason the fish dont leave the school so dont run nearly as far as a fish hooked on the troll but the fight is much harder.ps:for wild fun float a stickbait 30m back in the slick and throw a few frozen pilchards at it - fun when a 50+tuna nails it just make sure the drag is loose and the rod is tied to the boat.
enjoy     

anthony rizzo

June 25, 2007, 08:00:48 PM
Hi all,

I am anthony currently living in airlie beach, in the whitsundays. Absolutely fanatical about fishing in general- new to big GT on poppers- yesterday absolutely smashed for the first time so cannot wait to get out there again and again. Jigging i have only done occasionally but will be doing much more this year. The site is fantastic and helps put light on such much when dealling with such big fish.
I am primarily land based with my fishing and always looking for new areas no matter how long it takes to get there!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 25, 2007, 08:12:29 PM
anthony r from airlie beach, I think aaron from airlie beach needs to meet you! ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

aaron

June 25, 2007, 10:28:36 PM
Hi all,

I am anthony currently living in airlie beach, in the whitsundays. Absolutely fanatical about fishing in general- new to big GT on poppers- yesterday absolutely smashed for the first time so cannot wait to get out there again and again. Jigging i have only done occasionally but will be doing much more this year. The site is fantastic and helps put light on such much when dealling with such big fish.
I am primarily land based with my fishing and always looking for new areas no matter how long it takes to get there!

hi anthony.my name is aaron and live at cannonvale.im new to popping for GTs and was  smashed tonight out at shute! cant wait to land one..maybe we should organise a fish as i have one to go poppering with?