anthony rizzo

Re: Introductions :: Who Are You?
June 27, 2007, 12:45:32 PM
absolutely, i am keen to go out chasing them any time, went off coral beach yesterday no luck , email me and we should head out

MK-Lee

July 01, 2007, 07:10:41 PM
I'm a Bad luck fisherman from Hong Kong. I know those Jap style fishing but lack of knowledge in Australia. I am a jerk fisherman in Australia. ;D

I love to listen fishing stories from locals. I'm glad to share experience and listen to you guys.

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
July 01, 2007, 07:15:45 PM
Hi MK-Lee seen your post on fishing shops just curious if the ones you mentioned have Internet access to them?
                                   Cheers CAM
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

John Marshall

August 02, 2007, 10:50:03 PM
Hi my names John Marshall, I'm currently living in Perth and have been into sportfishing from a tender age. Finally found out what the samson jigging craze was all about two years ago, much to the detriment of my wallet. I'm now looking at starting to target GT's on poppers, but for now I'm geographically challenged.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
August 03, 2007, 08:48:10 AM
Welcome aboard ! Im sure you will find plenty of information from everyone here.

If geographically challenged means all you get are big AJ's then no sympathy from us Sydney'siders.... ;D

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 03, 2007, 09:14:34 AM
Andrew, I think you are geographically naive, Sth WA have the 'Sambos' ::), SE Qld and NE NSW have the AJ's :D, and Nth Qld and WA have 'Utopia' ;D ;).
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
August 03, 2007, 09:41:10 AM
do bream count  :P....

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 03, 2007, 10:34:34 AM
You've got me thinking, a 'mini' Runboh for Bream, interesting!! ;)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
August 03, 2007, 12:12:50 PM
Prefer a big runboh and just stun the bream by hitting them in the head with it.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 03, 2007, 01:22:24 PM
'Eye eye' ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
August 11, 2007, 02:39:29 AM
Hi,
I'm Kasey, currently located in Perth WA, where no GTs are found. I am 21 this year.

As a student and with family in MY and SG, I frequently travel back and forth, which has allowed me to take advantage of being exposed to some of the best range of Japanese tackle outside Japan (although I occasionally purchase American, eg Accurate and PowerPro); while being able to enjoy the productive waters of Perth (exception GT). I started jigging in 2004, at the introduction of a certain Mr. Hon-su, on board North Star 2 with Allan Bevan of Shikari charters. My first Perth amberjack was landed in 2005, and my first Yellowfin Tuna, 2007. On a regular basis, I enjoy light jigging, with PE2 and PE4 set-ups, for edible demersals such as snapper, cod and dhufish.

However, really big fish are what turn me on, and I have many dreams I have yet to accomplish. In 4 Samsonfish seasons I have yet to land my 50kg+ fish, (close but no cigar) so this year I will try harder. I try as much as I can to do long-range trips, although limited by a hectic uni schedule and lack of local contacts. Some of the rods I like for jigging are JM, Carpenter and Tenryu, although I have yet to try Hots, Valley Hill and Fisherman.

Apart from fish and gear, I have also been fortunate to meet alot of jiggers/poppers along the way, from all over the world, from which I have learnt and shared plenty. Alot of them have become good friends, and some have turned out into such fanatics who achieve such fantastic catches that I often take my hat off to them. Out of 2 years trying to land a GT (all at Exmouth), the closest I have reached is a hookup. For popping I have heard good things about Smith and Carpenter, and have a Wild Violence and WRC80P/35. Occasionally, when I have free time and I get bored, I practice my casting and blooping at my local river and scare away all the bream  ;D ;D ;D

Regards,
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 11, 2007, 05:09:31 PM
Kasey - welcome to the site. You really read like a true believer! As Che would say, "the force is strong in this one"!!   ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
August 25, 2007, 02:36:25 PM
Hi guys,
          I'm based in Byron Bay and caught the jigging bug about a year ago.Mostly jigging kings and longing for my 1st AJ on jig. Have been exploring snapper and pearl perch on jigs as well. Popping options around here seem to be better in summer.

Nice to identify with some others with the same tackle collecting affliction as mine....I think i might belong here.

Looking forward to sharing in the mother-load if knowledge.
        Cheers, Daz.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 25, 2007, 09:19:49 PM
welcome to the site, Daz. if you've got a tackle buying affliction, you'll fit in well here. Honestly, I can't understand you people who keep on buying more gear than you need....   ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 25, 2007, 11:41:51 PM
If you think you need it is good enough to buy it. ;)
Greg 'FFF' Burt