Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Record GT?
April 13, 2008, 01:52:49 PM
Yeah, didn't stand a chance against the mighty Zenaq FC83-7  ::) ;) 'you beauty' :D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 13, 2008, 06:17:37 PM
Simon, I wouldn't call 330lb leader unfair. Twisted leaders of 100lb are already 200lb.

Against a 72kg GT, everything is still in the fish's favour.
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Vinh Nguyen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 15, 2008, 07:53:21 AM

Here's a pic of a GT that washed up in Hawaii. It had been rotting for a couple days so actual weight couldn't be determine.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 15, 2008, 04:47:53 PM
what a legend - killed the fish for a photo

That is an epic report on Hammer-Head from David.... Unreal fish... and that Doggi taken on a topwater in such shallow water.... I would love to have seen that Stella scream and smoke when that beast took off.... unreal!

I found this image a year or so back.... Taken by the Spearo in picture...I think somewhere in OZ.... Pity it was shot rather than released...

Image is misleading, and I don't recall if a weight was ever given... size fish though... There are a number of Monsters that have been taken by spearos over the years....and from all over the world too... Hawaii, Mozambique, Kenya, OZ and I'm sure from other areas of the Pacific.... I'm sure there are a couple 200lb GT beasts that are swimming around out there, but I think that we don't yet have the tackle to take them on poppers..... unless one is decidedly lucky and hooks one that is swimming between two bommies a mile apart and just sand in between..... ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 15, 2008, 04:49:04 PM
I remember this from a little while back. I've been looking for it for a while. Apparently, the carcass weighed 220lb.

Here's a pic of a GT that washed up in Hawaii. It had been rotting for a couple days so actual weight couldn't be determine.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
November 15, 2008, 05:08:08 PM
I remember this from a little while back. I've been looking for it for a while. Apparently, the carcass weighed 220lb.

HOLY SMOKES!

Aaron Concord

November 15, 2008, 06:49:22 PM
Seen a couple 'donkeys' out at Cato Island & Wreck Reef.....too wise for the poppers cast at them though :)
Shoalwater, we get 'bit' by 60plus sized fish though the terrain is immensly difficult...ask Brandon!
Also, the only 80kg class one that  have seen eat,ate a mates popper at Break Sea Spit & wore through twisted 100lb fluorocarbon after 20 minutes of craaaazy fight time...

So...NO!! 300Lb is not too much leader especially as the 'bite leader'....the big ones can chomp through 300Lb Fluorocarbon when they hit the force of 20kg of drag when struck by the angler...not that the angler gets time to strike on these big mothers!

If we choose to aim for the big fish, rig big, fish hard and frame the photo...not the fish frame...
At least we are not wasting lures and braid in vain and the smaller ones get to be released with a faster turn-around.

Bring on the East Aussie Current....there are 60's off Bribane that have made us look silly!

Aaron.

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 17, 2008, 11:50:07 AM
 Yep - their sure are, Saturday - bloody Saturday -  >:(

Aaron, we are doing 7 days at Fraser around the new year with one target in mind - are their any patents on the name "7 DAYS AT FRASER" we will be taking the old box brownie....so we can put our lil movie together ?

Peter

8)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
November 17, 2008, 11:51:42 AM
Yep - their sure are, Saturday - bloody Saturday -  >:(

Aaron, we are doing 7 days at Fraser around the new year with one target in mind - are their any patents on the name "7 DAYS AT FRASER" we will be taking the old box brownie....so we can put our lil movie together ?

Peter

8)

Sounds like Fraser might be a bit of a carpark in January...might see you out there Pete  ;)

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 17, 2008, 11:55:42 AM
We will be thier as long as the weather holds out- 7 full on days.... cant wait.