Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
 I have used a bit of gamefishing techno for securing the Baker rigged hooks, by using a bit of heat shrink on the shafts keeps the hooks from swinging around and you can make it as firm or loose as you like and it will breakaway under pressure
 So far no problems in popping but hope to stick a GT on one tomorrow to really test it ::).
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Good Idea Greg, I like the fact that they can break away if needed, I also notice you use anode tape (don't know the real name) on your hooks , do you think it stops the hooks from corroding ?
Cheers Chris

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Very nice Mr Greg ,good to see you have been busy in the shed of tackle.
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
The Zinc anode tape definitely works on trolling chemically sharpened hooks Chris, so has to benefit the life of jigging and popping hooks as well. ;D

Cam, Casey commented today how the mess is getting worse in the tackle dept, as I keep going in to tidy it up but get sidetracked and start rigging, spooling or fitting something ::), 'OH' and playing with the new 'Nirai' Santa accidentally dropped in the shed instead of under the Xmas tree :-X ;).

PS: Christened the Nirai with two small Kingies last Tuesday off Moreton with Duncan on Bill Corten's boat ;D, couldn't christen the Zenaq on a GT though :(.
Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:35:50 AM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Cam Foley

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Santa is good for that kind of stuff ,woke up the other day and found a new Ocea Jigger 5000p in my room  with an upgraded drag.he he he
Congrats on getting out for a fish ,did the little kings mannage to put a bend on the Nirai?
Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 05:51:56 AM by Cam Foley
AKA STELLAJIGGER
KINGFISH INTERPRETER

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Small one [bend], off to blast the cape now, fingers X.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brett Carter

I have a question about the trailing hook. On the stickbaits i have bought they come with a swivel already attached to the tail end of the lure, so i ad my split to the swivel and then my hook to the split... easy! But when rigging a popper which doesn't come with swivel already attach, do most people ad a swivel on the tail end? That means it would have the wire tail end loop, splip ring, swivel, split ring and then the single hook. All seem a bit much to me ??? These pics are how i have got some of them rigged at the moment. Sorry about the crap photos.

Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:40:09 AM by Brett Carter

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Brett, I personally do not like the rear hook trailing from so far back and as a result, would not use a swivel. My preference would be to rig an short assist hook using one or two split rings (depending on whether you can turn the rear eye or not)
If it swims; I want to catch it!