MikeOsborn

Popper sugestions
November 26, 2008, 07:30:40 AM
Hey guys one of my mates has kindly offered to bring back some poppers for me from an overseas trip. I am looking for poppers up to 140g to throw to Yellowtail kingfish and also marlin and tuna should I get the chance this summer.

I am using a pe4-6 setup

not really after ones that will break the bank but after something different from the halco roosters and cotton cordell poppers which seem to be about all we get here.

Cheers

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Popper sugestions
November 26, 2008, 07:40:15 AM
Mike - where is he going?
You might think about some good stickbaits in the 60 - 100g category as well.

Hey guys one of my mates has kindly offered to bring back some poppers for me from an overseas trip. I am looking for poppers up to 140g to throw to Yellowtail kingfish and also marlin and tuna should I get the chance this summer.

I am using a pe4-6 setup

not really after ones that will break the bank but after something different from the halco roosters and cotton cordell poppers which seem to be about all we get here.

Cheers
If it swims; I want to catch it!

MikeOsborn

November 26, 2008, 08:25:05 AM
Brandon hes going to Anglers Pro Shop in New York and also visitng the shops you suggested to me in Singapore.

I'm very keen on stick baits as well.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 08:50:45 AM
Id be keen to hear which stickbaits you end up with and how they go on kings. I have yet to crack a king on the stickbaits around sydney and south coast area were I go.

MikeOsborn

November 26, 2008, 09:00:20 AM
The kings love them Andrew
Daiwa saltiga stickbait

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 09:18:40 AM
Maybe NZ kings arent as shy as ours due to differing fishing pressures, but Im going to have to perserve more with them this summer. Starting to get better numbers now.

Id love to get a hold of a few hammerheads to try out...Anglers pro shop would be great to visit.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 01:26:46 PM
I'd suggest he look at lures like:

Smith Runboh Jnr
Gunz Tailwalk
Mangrove Studio Volador
Tackle House Shibuki

A local stickbait here which would be very good would be one like the Nomad Ulua in the 90g size.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 01:34:57 PM
You canget the Ulua in 60grams or so..I picked up some heru's in those smaller sizes to try for kings and dollies.

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 01:37:06 PM
and as a follow on from Brandon's suggestion, Nomad lures are 20% off until the 10th December 2008 if you order at

http://www.nomadtackle.com/nsatackle_nomadlures.htm

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 02:04:51 PM
Whats the difference between a Dogtooth and Wahoo stickbait ? Same thing different name?

Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 02:19:01 PM
Whats the difference between a Dogtooth and Wahoo stickbait ? Same thing different name?

I think that's the situation Andrew. 'Dogtooth' is marketed by Nomad, and 'Wahoo' is marketed by Blackjack. But they are the same lure, and I would almost bet my house that they are made by the same manufacturer or come from the same factory.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 26, 2008, 04:32:22 PM
I've never asked the question of why they changed the name to Dogtooth from Wahoo. It is the same lure but in a different colour scheme.

Colin P

November 26, 2008, 07:05:13 PM
[I would almost bet my house that they are made by the same manufacturer or come from the same factory.

You get to keep your house Angus - the manufacturer calls them Wahoo unless producing a "badged" version.