Jason Haack

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
RF UG710H Nano v FCL Labo UCB-81 Extreme MH
July 22, 2015, 09:17:35 PM
A long shot but has anyone compared these 2 on the water, keen for any feedback.
These are my current choices for a dedicated PE10 stickbait rod and I'm split down the middle.

Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey Jason,

The 81MH is more a PE8 rod imo.  I have the FCL 81H also which I use for PE10.  Main reason being the MH throws 100-180g well and you get a lot more distance with Pe 8 and also less line drag which helps when working those size lures.  The 81H will cast 150-300g very well and has a bullshit amount of power in the bottom of the rod. Haven't seen the new ripples but they look awesome.

Cheers
Chris

Jason Haack

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Thanks Chris,

Good food for thought,
I currently use a UG79MH for small to medium sized stick baits and while it's great for lures around the 100-130g it struggles with the lures beyond this weight and I really consider this rod a PE6-8. The rod I'm looking for is to cater for the lures the next size up and not going to be throwing stick baits beyond 220g, more around the 130-180g.
It would be good to hear from anyone who has used the UG710H Nano but understand this rod is relatively new to the market.

Cheers
Jason.