MK-Lee

Re: Leader material for twisted leaders
July 02, 2007, 08:02:02 PM
Fisherman Super Stealth is Varivas. I forgot when I saw this. May be in Fisherman's website or somewhere else long long time ago. Varivas makes leader for Fisherman.

Rob Ciotucha

July 02, 2007, 09:38:19 PM
Brandon ive used jinkai 100lb to make twisted leaders before, After using them up in exmouth id never use it again for GT fishing

Doesnt seem to have very good abrasion resistance at all. Hooked a nice fish one night and before i could even fully load my rod up i had been done in, the leader was shredded to the max.  Has put me off jinkai ever since.

Cheers
Rob

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
July 02, 2007, 10:04:36 PM
Jinkai in popping :-\
Jinkai in game fishing ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 02, 2007, 10:24:13 PM
Rob - if the fish is pulling you over a bommie, no mono is going to not survive.
I'm giving the Penn 10X a go in a few weeks time. It will be interesting to see whether the difference is noticeable.

Brandon ive used jinkai 100lb to make twisted leaders before, After using them up in exmouth id never use it again for GT fishing

Doesnt seem to have very good abrasion resistance at all. Hooked a nice fish one night and before i could even fully load my rod up i had been done in, the leader was shredded to the max.  Has put me off jinkai ever since.

Cheers
Rob
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 03, 2007, 08:11:51 AM
The 20% diameter size difference also comes into play, the 10X certainly is stiffer and looks good as far as abrasion resistance goes but you need to go down to 80lb to get the same diameter rating.

Greg 'FFF' Burt