Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
which hot rod similar to carpenter
June 20, 2008, 11:51:30 AM
HI Every one ..

i would like to know is those rod a bit the same or different ..

cos i want to get a capenter rod which is SP78UHL but i was told they will be ready with in two year,s time ..

so i would like to know if this hot rod,s be a bit the same to this carpenter rod or not

as i want to handle the pe12 varivas (170lb) not sure if this rod can handle it or not
another tihing is i do not know the max drag on the hot rod ..

can any one of you can help me on them .

as there are two rod there

Hot's Tide Lez
GT77XXXH (New) 7'7" 2 (Butt Joint) PE8 - PE12 Max 250g

Hot's Gipang
75XXH 7'5" 380g Butt Joint PE8-12 max250g

similar to this capenter SP78UHL ....

thank,s for sharing with me ..

Cheers Mick <"((><

Andrew Woodley-Page

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: which hot rod similar to carpenter
June 22, 2008, 03:08:23 PM
Hi Mic,
PM sent, for everyone's benefit;

The GT77XXXH is the better rod of the 2, the 75XXH is a fine rod, but the former is better casting and is my personal choice. 

I used the 77XXXH at Bugatti recently.  Whilst the rod is rated to PE12, and can no doubt handle it comfortable, I used PE10 Varivas which suited the terrain at Bugatti. 

The 77XXXH was so powerful, it can handle everything I was giving it and probably more.  I mainly used drag settings in the 15-16kg, which is at my upper limit, if I changed technique, I felt the rod had a bit more.  What impressed me most was that when I pulled, the fish came. 

In addition, the HOTS are better built than some others, I flattened the stripper guide a few times, but due to the double over bound construction the guide was simply straightened and not ripped off the rod as a few guys experienced with other makes.

Regards
Andrew

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: which hot rod similar to carpenter
June 22, 2008, 03:29:28 PM
Thank,s andrew ..

pm sent again ...

i might give it a shot ...  ;D