Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aussie reel
March 10, 2010, 05:56:12 PM
I just read on their site that Nomad are using their reels on charter! I thought they used Stella's... I could be wrong... The list of operators is very impressive... If you like bottom bashing in 100m of water!  ;D
AKA: Sunny

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 06:55:26 PM
Nomad do not use these reels on their charters
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 07:08:00 PM
Quoted from www.tufftackle.com.au

"For sound advice from reliable sources on Tuff Tackle products, we highly recommend contacting any of the Charter operators listed to the right. Each Charter listed is a paying Customer of TuffTackle (Not sponsored) and out there using our products every day."

If thats the case, it seems that we may have another case of the Xzoga virus..!!  :o :o ;D

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 07:50:52 PM
Thanks Han,
I stand corrected - sorry if any Tica users out there felt insulted.

Anyone like to give their perspective on the 'Aussie-ness' of the reel?
Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:52:23 PM by Kasey Leong
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 09:53:32 PM
Cant comment on the Aji King reel but as for Tuff Tackle....

Been on a particular charter boat that has these "Tuff Tackle" reels for his charter. He has both the Sniper and Diablo reels. In the 3 trips Ive been on his boat sambo jigging this summer, Ive witnessed upto 6 reels with issues. Issues from handle falling off or knobs snapping off due to play on the shaft. Drag sticky like a 30yr old Abu Ambassaduer, which were supposedly carbon fibre composite drag washers, with smooth 1-30kg pressure, including lockup.... umm correct me, but isnt lockup mean full stop, doesnt need to smooth coz it aint going anywhere!!

Ive fished with one and will never look at one again....  Reliability and Tuff Tackle are definately wasnt used in the same line.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 10, 2010, 10:42:24 PM
I'm very interested in seeing one of the Ajikings next to a Tuff Tackle side by side. After all the rhetoric we have read about the reel from various sources and how it is Australian developed and made, I would be horrified to find out it is nothing more than a rebadged product. That would raise some serious questions about the advertising we have seen.

At the price of the Ajiking, I think I can afford to satisfy my curiosity. Kasey, is there any chance I could get you to source me one and post it to me? I will of course square off our account in July.

Guys, if I an get hold of one, I will then see if I can find a Tuff Tackle Diablo Sniper to compare it against. I will also see how the reel survives against a GT.

Han Phuah

March 11, 2010, 07:17:17 AM
Interestingly, not only do the Tufftackle Diablo resemble the Ajiking Wahoo, but this OEM Chinese reel as well...  ::)

Specs are practically identical:

http://cnjijijau.en.made-in-china.com/product/yoBnzIsbftch/China-Fishing-Tackle-Jigging-Popping-Game-Spinning-J04-.html

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 07:41:58 AM
Looks like you found the manufacturer of the reel

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
March 11, 2010, 08:00:21 AM
They do look very similar don't they  ::)

Jeff eldrin

March 11, 2010, 08:20:56 AM
Looks like you found the manufacturer of the reel

I found this topic by coincidence when I was looking for some fishing information. I am an American fisherman and I would like to add my opinion as fisherman who likes to help other fishermen.

Tufftackle Sniper10000 is made in Australia by Australian hands using Australian materials. That link is from a Chinese factory that stole and copied the design of the Tufftackle reel which was originally designed by Simon Ball, the  owner of Tufftackle who is an expert engineer and have worked on on many projects that there is no space to list here. But Simon checks every reel himself before it leaves his Australian factory and makes sure that they work fine.

Tufftackle reels always get under attack by those who have special interest with Shimano and Daiwa. Be sure that every bad comment you hear about them comes from a "pen for hire" and never a genuine fisherman. Shimano and Daiwa do not want you to know there is a product that can perform better than their reels at less than half the price.

Personally I have fished my whole life and used Saltigas, Stellas, Dogfights, and Accurate. I push my reels so hard and put them under real hard fishing conditions, and have seen all these reels melt down under pressure. Then I found Tufftackle and bought their products to try them, and they proved to be much superior to Stellas and Saltigas. I have landed Tuna up to 350 Kilos, Marlin up to 300 Kilos, and skull dragged Groupers from depths up to 400 meters using Tufftackle Sniper 10000 and the reels did not break a sweat. I searched for Tufftackle site until I found it and there I found a testimony from The Reel Doctor that the 10000 is superior to Stella and Saltiga. This is a man who knows what he is talking about and his phone number is there if you wanted to call and ask. This is the real expert, not the faceless nameless spooks who post lies about tufftackle products.

Just an honest opinion from a fisherman who hates to see others spend their money on overpriced tackles that are designed to wear and fail so you still pour more money in the pockets of Daiwa and Shimano

Han Phuah

March 11, 2010, 08:38:14 AM
So you are claiming you have landed 350kg/772lb giants with a tufftackle sniper 10000 spinning reel? Prove it.

I know of friends in the US landing 127kg/280lb 73in bluefins with Stella 20000SW, but to boldly claim you have landed a giant classed tuna of 350kg/772lb using Tufftackle Sniper 10000 without proof is reckless least to say.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f76/nc-hatteras-bluefin-mayhem-3-7-3-8-a-9283/index2.html

I have landed Tuna up to 350 Kilos, Marlin up to 300 Kilos, and skull dragged Groupers from depths up to 400 meters using Tufftackle Sniper 10000 and the reels did not break a sweat.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 09:11:23 AM
be nice, guys, be nice.
Let's keep the discussion courteous.

Jeff, thank you for your contribution to this thread. Your captures are truly impressive considering that Yoichi Mogi got international exposure for his bluefin last year which was considerably smaller than the one you caught. His fish was captured using a special Yumeya 20000 Max spool and yet, he was almost spooled on a few occasions.

Han Phuah

March 11, 2010, 09:16:57 AM
Apologies... I think too much work and no fishing this winter has really gotten my brain a little scrambled!  :o

Joseph Ngan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 09:27:33 AM
So you are claiming you have landed 350kg/772lb giants with a tufftackle sniper 10000 spinning reel? Prove it.

No one can doubt a "genuine fisherman" especially if you are just a "spook" and "liar". Good effort Jeff.

I am driving to the shop now as I type to make a purchase before everyone reads this thread and the reel is sold out.

Chuen Fan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
March 11, 2010, 10:47:43 AM
Jeff... so how much did tuff tackle pay your as their 'pen for hire'??? Most of the forumers here that I know are not affiliated with either of the big 2 Japanese companies.  They choose what to fish with, be it Daiwa or Shimano or even both!

You also seem to know their factory pretty well, I'm assuming you've had a personal tour of it yourself to know that everything is Aussie built and hand checked before release!

I too have personally busted 2 Saltigas within the past four years, but that was more due to angler stupidity rather than a reel fault, and I would be the first to admit it that reels are not built as winches! Whats going to make the diablo tougher, is it that it is designed by one engineer as opposed to probably 10-20 possiby 50 engineers who have designed and built probably a hundred reels that are tested world wide and are used on charters world wide by world renowned charters???

Thats my biff for the day... While you're at it, Joe.. grab me one as well!