Adam Gladwin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 100lb tuffline or something else?
November 29, 2012, 10:06:26 PM
Hi Daniel,

I have used some of the saltiga boat braid mate,very serviceable and soft,not as thin as some of the other saltiga braids out there but I think it was brought out to fill bigger reels like overheads and deep dropping electric reels,don't have a bad thing to say about at all,good value.Hope this helps mate.

Daniel Rybak

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
November 29, 2012, 10:39:05 PM
Hi Adam
I going thru the re-spooling thing atm too. Trying to decide on what to spool my 18000 with. I like the boat braid coz of the price and spool size.
I'm leaning towards the Jerry Brown Solid 80lb as I haven't used it and keep hearing good things

Lou arellano

November 30, 2012, 08:44:32 PM
Guys

Check this site out..I have got a few spools of Jerry Brown over the years from here and they are quite cheap.

http://www.jamestackle.com/line.htm

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 30, 2012, 09:36:05 PM
Another vote for jerry brown. I have the Stella spooled with 80 lb solid for my popping and have no complaints. I also use the jb 50lb in red for jigging and find I don't get snipped on the line by jackets. James tackle are great as is bhp tackle which will do custom lengths.

Adam Gladwin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 30, 2012, 09:54:47 PM
sounds like good stuff with all this good feedback,another good link too,thanks Lou.How does it compare in terms of thickness and what would the be preferred colour, may be an odd question but just after opinions,thanks

Lou arellano

December 01, 2012, 06:33:22 PM
Adam

The first lot I bought was white and now I have gone the red....both have been good...

Its the best braid i have used but in saying that I havent bought any of the expensive japanese stuff.