Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My new lure board....
January 08, 2012, 11:05:58 PM
Great collection Mark,
Have you got bite marks in that special Nemo Gamma yet?

Regards,
Jarrad

Thanks Jarrad... and no I haven't. It has been cast though  ;)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 08, 2012, 11:14:19 PM
I've only got a couple  ;D

Good idea Mark, looks great.
Brandon, I reckon you would have more than a few lures in your collection. :o
If it swims; I want to catch it!

kriss brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 01:18:30 AM
wow......its only one of the board?cant wait to see others.that little fish nut caught my eye.i wana grap one them in my collection.i am lucky to have friend from jakarta he bought few of the adek popper and including ocean lady .i havent have the chance to cast it.when shine in the sunlight it really reflect alot of light from every angle.definately which get attention from fish and me ;D.apart from that i am thinking the ocean lady will be fast retrive with rod tip high?or there are another way you work this lure ?i had never cast one so i dont know.fill me in plz.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 12:10:20 PM
Tony - lovely. I see you like FCL lures then :).  And all stored with hooks attached!

Kriss - as I mentioned before, work Ocean Lady with either a steady straight retrieve or a gentle up-twitch. Mix up the speeds but do not go too fast as the lure will then lose the zig-zaging motion.  And with a high rod tip of course.

Michael Gordon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 02:23:10 PM
Very impressive collection there Mark.Looking forward to seeing the photos of the other two boards.

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 03:43:32 PM
Ahh - so glad you posted that!

Now, whenever I think I might have too much fishing tackle and shouldnt acquire anymore, I can always look back at that and convince myself that I need that extra lure  :)

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 04:28:53 PM
I've only got a couple  ;D

'Couple of bags', in each port  ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 04:34:20 PM
Nice one Mark!

How do you decide what to take? There has been many times where I have thought "if only I had that lure here with me"!! If I took them all there would be limited standing room!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 04:43:48 PM
It's always a tough decision Warwick.... I just try to get a balance of lure types and sizes. Far less concerned about colours.

Luke Seyrek

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 06:43:18 PM
Nice collection there Mark & Tony. Obviously I haven't spent enough money yet as I only have about 10% of the amount of lures you have Mark... Hehe 

Aaron Concord

January 09, 2012, 09:19:32 PM
Tony,

I looked at your trebles and did a bit of math......I didn't like the outcome because it reflects on what I have spent on split rings and hooks, let alone the lures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is over 120 hooks there! Even if they are Shoguns (as opposed to Decoy or Gamakatsu), there is a few bucks just to keep them battle ready. 

Mark,

If for some reason, one of those boards doesn't fit in your room, I'll be happy to babysit it for you!
Very nice mate.
Nothing like walking into a really nicely done "man room" with all your toys displayed nicely!

Cheers,

Aaron.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 09:39:34 PM
Thanks Aaron.  8)

I am now going to make myself feel better by only owning a limited number of hooks and changing them around a lot rather than sets for each and every lure  :P .

kriss brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 10, 2012, 02:26:52 AM
thanks mark for the reply.

hay guys
Please make those board kept coming.i can look at them all night long. ;D

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
January 10, 2012, 09:58:15 AM
Nice work Tony, I agree with you, armed and ready for battle!

We'll be the ones leaning over the side with the bent rods, not the ones fumbling around the floor of the boat looking for that 11H split ring - during a hot bite.

When you said you had a couple of FCL's, I didn't realise you were wall papering the house with them! 

What are you using to keep the hooks in new condition?  The down side of carrying everything pre-rigged of course!

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 10, 2012, 11:16:58 AM
Nice work Tony, I agree with you, armed and ready for battle!

We'll be the ones leaning over the side with the bent rods, not the ones fumbling around the floor of the boat looking for that 11H split ring - during a hot bite.

I've been running the same 6 hooks for the past year! 3 on a popper, 3 on a stick all SJ41's 2 baker rigged 1 single. Takes no longer to change a lure as well as the hooks. If you get busted off then you usually have to re-tie anyway and I have new hooks on splits ready to go.
Sure saves me $ on hooks rusting away!