Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My new lure board....
January 11, 2012, 09:13:31 AM
You have an eye popping collection Mark! I think i'm with the other guy, displaying all that stuff would make the wife think too much like how much i'm really spending on tackle lol!
GT FIGHT CLUB

Damian Fantozzi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 11, 2012, 12:59:05 PM
I enjoyed that mark and I am looking forward to seeing a photo of your rod and stella rack please!

cheers

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 12, 2012, 01:02:08 AM
Thanks Mark are you going to be running your lures with trebs on the trip?

Most yes. 

I am very much a trebles man Craig out of habit. I think that is because where I fish most often, strikes are at a premium and you work really hard to get them. You just can't afford to miss too many hook ups.

Trebles v singles is probably not a debate to be had in this discussion thread though.

Craig Maree

• Red Bass
  • Release the GT
  • Liked:
January 12, 2012, 04:40:37 AM
What trebs and what size you going to generally use?

Thanks for all your info and assistance.

Atoll Hunter GT Popping
www.facebook.com/atollhunter

Mike_Tan

January 12, 2012, 12:43:37 PM
Nice collection guys. I only have a few and already worried that my missus will see em. So they are always nicely hidden in my cooler box. Furthermore I don't fish all that often so it's not all that tough to dig em out whenever they are required.

Mark Whitaker

January 12, 2012, 03:45:30 PM
I have been using this old milk crate filled with different sized tubing for years on the boat.

It can be filled with any combination and holds lots of gear.

Easy to wash after a trip and I let them dry then INOX the hooks to stop rusting.  INOX is food grade unlike WD40 and does not leave any residue.

Mark

George Relf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 15, 2012, 04:27:43 PM
In the most friendly and polite way, I only have one word each for both of you (Mark and Tony)

FREAKS

:o

Al Morrison

January 16, 2012, 04:04:18 PM
Replying to Pete's comments about hook sizes etc, I've always used eyeballing to judge the hook based on its size but recently I've started writing in coloured indelible ink on some of my lures what weights they really are (Adheks are a bit iffy to say the least, with a substantial variance) and also in some cases what hooks/rings to hang on them. The weight difference between say ST 66, ST 76 and GT recorders is significant, 13g to 19g per hook. I only fish some of these lures a few times a year so it helps me remember. The initial testing is done in a pool or a local waterway, its not ideal, but helps. The so-called indelible ink can still be removed with the correct solvents and not damage the lures. Some lures fish best with hooks that to me look too small, so its those i annotate.