Aaron Concord

Re: Saltiga Or Stella
October 24, 2011, 08:18:35 PM
Stella man since 2000.

Drags out of the box are superior and that means everything to me.

Nuff said!

harryh27

October 24, 2011, 08:25:11 PM
This is like Ford vs Holden

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
October 24, 2011, 08:29:47 PM
Stella man since 2000.

Drags out of the box are superior and that means everything to me.

Nuff said!

Aaron,

Typical statement from a Gay Homosexual.

Nuff said!!!!!!

Aaron Concord

October 24, 2011, 08:40:57 PM
Brock, you dingbat!

That did make me laugh........ a lot!

Don't worry ole son, I'll take your Saltiga dregs anyday :)

Aaron.

Ben Crarer

October 24, 2011, 08:51:19 PM
All I read is, each
he must own...

HA HA HA

Ben Crarer

October 24, 2011, 08:55:21 PM
Is the S-EXTREME MAVERICK 6500H replacing the dogfight? same reel dressed up? or new reel?

Any one put it through its paces?

Aaron Concord

October 24, 2011, 09:08:13 PM
Ben,

The S-extreme Maverick came out a few years back.  It was an Aussie only retrofit.  The main thing being a full carbon drag.

Daiwa released an even more recent range in 2010 which has more advancements throughout the whole reel.

Aaron.

Ben Crarer

October 24, 2011, 09:12:19 PM
Ben,

The S-extreme Maverick came out a few years back.  It was an Aussie only retrofit.  The main thing being a full carbon drag.

Daiwa released an even more recent range in 2010 which has more advancements throughout the whole reel.

Aaron.

Cheers mate!

Would you say the 2010 is a better reel than the doggy / mav?

Aaron Concord

October 24, 2011, 09:52:42 PM
Ben,

I'd say yes, it is a better reel than the Dogfight.
The drag is better straight out of the box since they use carbon friction washers.
Also, the new magnetic sealing that they use for the main shaft makes the reel feel far less hard to wind as well, since the main shaft isn't sliding up and down through a rubber ring anymore.  There is less resistance.
I played with a few on Sunday arvo while trying out some new Carpenter rods and they were quite nice.

Cheers,

Aaron.

Adrian Braun

October 25, 2011, 01:50:49 AM
My vote is Stella  for smoothness and toughness, but both Stella and Saltiga reels are high end and they will not disappoint. 

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 25, 2011, 10:38:03 AM
I think Everytime this repetative topic comes up someone has the line....

'Ford V's Holden'...... ::) ::)

Patrick Naslund

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 26, 2011, 01:28:03 AM
I find these kinds of post quite meaningless ( but funny to read in some extent )
Each brands have their fans and will newer agree on the other brand being better.
You will always find/ make up arguments ( for yourself tbh) for the brand you have chosen ( this is how we humans work ).. otherwise you would agree on having done a bad buy  in the beginning, which is something most of us will not do   ;)

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
October 26, 2011, 02:43:18 AM
We could also throw in the "New" TuffTackle "Brawn" reels to the mix, because acording to the manufacurers, they are waaaaaaaay better than the Stella's and Saltiga's, so that should make it a no brainer...... forget the Stella or Saltiga, and buy a TuffTackle Brawn.....  8) :o ;D  ::)

****Sorry Brandon, I couldn't resist.... especially seeing as these have popped up yet again in a newer version, with pics, in another forum, and recieved the same treatment... possibly I think  because once again it seems to be the same troll " I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, but these are a 100 times better than Stella/Saltiga" who is punting them... funny stuff....  sorry Brandon....  ;D ****

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 26, 2011, 06:09:15 AM
Buy one of each and decide which one you like , then send me the stella  ;D ;D NEPPS you chop , that post is moved to the joke thread now !!!!

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 26, 2011, 07:18:57 AM
Personal opinion after seeing how these reels perform in the long run (after 3 years).
Saltigas are the biggest heap of overpriced crap making the rounds.
And a major dealer of top end jigging and popping gear in the US when quizzed by myself about the new Saltiga simply replied "piece of shit".
My observation is that they get all rough with a couple of years of solid use where as the Stellas do not (not to the same degree). I have 5 Stellas and none have let me down a couple of them are approaching 8 years.