Ian Young

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Spare parts from Japan
July 08, 2008, 11:17:26 AM
Does anyone know how to buy spare parts for a Japanese domestic market reel? I've got a JDM Twinpower 8000pg with a crack in the plastic rear guard. Not a big deal, but should be a cheap fix (in theory).

Cheers
Ian

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Spare parts from Japan
July 08, 2008, 07:51:10 PM
Likewise! I've lost the screw cap that fits on the opposite side of the handle, part number 93 apparently for a Twinpower 8000HG.

Any ideas?

Ian Young

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 08, 2008, 11:45:55 PM
I saw a price list today that gives the price of the plastic guard as a mere 600 yen (and your end cap costs 1000yen David)...it's frustrating not knowing how to get hold of such a minor part.
Ian
Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:48:49 PM by Ian Young

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 02:09:05 AM
Hi Ian

Where is this mystical pricelist you speak of? ;-)

Are they willing to sell?!

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 11:46:21 AM
Is it different from a Stella 8000FA end cap?

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 11:57:24 AM
I saw a price list today that gives the price of the plastic guard as a mere 600 yen (and your end cap costs 1000yen David)...it's frustrating not knowing how to get hold of such a minor part.
Ian

Have you tried Shimano Australia spares? (02) 9526 5279 ???

Ian Young

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 12:59:44 PM
The price list for all Shimano (Japanese model) spares can be accessed via

http://fservice.shimano.co.jp/body/parts_list/top.files/price.htm

On the left hand of the frame type in the reel's five-digit ID code into the second window (not the one starting 5- )... the ID codes are on the side of the box for your reel or can be found on the Shimano Japan website http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/product/reel/reel_index.html ...In the case of my Twinny, it's 01623 . Prices, naturally, are listed in yen.

My wife reads a bit of kanji, which got me this far, but she couldn't work out how to order the parts via the website.

Also, re Shimano Australia, I live in Hong Kong, where the reel was purchased. I tried to get the spares by calling Shimano North America, who basically told me to go away. I'll try the Australian number.

Cheers
Ian
Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 01:02:25 PM by Ian Young

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 03:44:38 PM

Also, re Shimano Australia, I live in Hong Kong, where the reel was purchased. I tried to get the spares by calling Shimano North America, who basically told me to go away. I'll try the Australian number.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian ,

Try Singapore , they import Twinpower reels into Singapore .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Ian Young

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 10, 2008, 12:17:42 PM
A big thank you to Tim in the spares dept at Shimano Australia, who managed for find an identical part on a discontinued Twinpower 6000FA (which I didn't realise had even been released in Australia). For a very reasonable cost, the part is now on its way to a relative's address in Australia.

Great service - I don't live in Oz, and bought a reel that isn't even available there, and in a matter of a few hours he had it sorted.

Thanks to Luke for the suggestion and to other posters for their advice.

Cheers, Ian