Rob Soulsby NZ

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shorter Rod or Shorten Rod for Girlfriend??
November 26, 2008, 06:37:44 AM
Guys
My g/f and I are off to Fiji but she has big problems with the standard length Shimano T curve 24kg as she has short arms and with the rod in the gimbal can't wind the reel effectively as her arm is over extended. we have played around with various back harness and gimbals and it appears that the only thing we can do is to shorten the butt section by 5 or so inches. Has anyone else experienced this problem due to being short?? How did U overcome it?

As I want to use the T Curve we would love to find a spare butt section so that we have 2 (A His and Hers) if anyone has one let me know please.

Alternatively we will need to find her a rod that suits or shorten a second rod.

Thanks and Tite lines

Rob

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shorter Rod or Shorten Rod for Girlfriend??
November 26, 2008, 07:28:34 AM
Hi Rob,

The only idea which springs to mind is to cut the butt at the desired length and get a rod builder to do up another 6 inch long extension which you can then use. Should be easy enough to do, and could be done very neatly also. So 2 options, his and hers. I think I've seen some other rods which use this method, having the 2 options.

Cheers Dave