Johan de Vlieger

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
purchasing Carpenter rod
January 25, 2008, 06:23:14 AM
On april 9th I'm going popperfishing in Djibouti. Target : a lot and big Gt's !!
Problem : I don't have a rod that is suitable for the job !
I've allready purchased a Fisherman MonsterCC 62 but this rod is more fit for jigging.
I've orderd the more approperiate Monster Gt72 but it is going to take at least 4 months for delivery so : too late !
Now I'm searching for an on-line store that can sell me the "wild violence" rod of Carpenter.
I've tried PLAT in Japan but they are sold out for the time being. I also send 2 mails to Nomad fishing in Oz but they're not replying.
Any sugestions ???
Fishing is no matter of life or death : it's far more important !!

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: purchasing Carpenter rod
January 25, 2008, 10:39:38 AM
hi there .. i think the nomad sport fishing is having a littie problem with their computer  as i has been sent them few email and it was returned to me  so i knew they has a little problem at the moment .. they will reply you soon as possible..  so maybe you should call thier office ...

try this (07) 3311  5012

cheer,s

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 25, 2008, 04:04:31 PM
You can try Anglers Pro Shop Johan. It depends which model you want though. Their site says they are currently sold out of the WV83XH but they do have the WV80XH in stock.

Jay

Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 04:52:22 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 25, 2008, 04:17:39 PM
Hi Johan ,

Check your p.m. ,  I think we can help you .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
January 26, 2008, 09:01:29 AM
Hi again .. oh yea  i forget to add those two who can help you  ::) ...  the anglers shop and jon as well  ;D

i think tha  jon has tryed all the carpenter rod but i,m not sure yet  :-X .. he love,s the carpenter rod  i bet  8) .

hey jon . 

can you give me more spec on SP 710 H R dx model ....

what is the rod suit for ??

how much are they worth ??

cos i just brought one of them  ;) .

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 26, 2008, 02:15:44 PM

hey jon . 

can you give me more spec on SP 710 H R dx model ....

what is the rod suit for ??

how much are they worth ??

cos i just brought one of them  ;) .

SP710H RDX is SP78H SHP with longer handle to accomodate taller anglers , it's GT rod suited for working the large surface poppers and it is now available in non RDX version at around JPY. 80k. from retailers in Japan . RDX model is no longer in the inventory of Carpenter so the one you bought must have been made in 2006 .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 26, 2008, 04:49:20 PM
I think this thread should be moved into the Popping Tackle & Techniques section.

Johan de Vlieger

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 28, 2008, 10:14:21 AM
Thank you very much for all your reply's guys !!
In the mean time I've got received an email from Claire from Nomad, they have the wild violence in stock.
I will certainly look into the site of Jon also to see his condition's (thank you Jon !) before taking a decission.
Fishing is no matter of life or death : it's far more important !!