Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Best stickbait & popper to imitate long toms
October 22, 2017, 07:30:10 PM
Hi it's been quite a while since posting but teenagers finishing school 1 first yr uni cuts into
Fishing time and discussions. I still do a fair bit of lbg tuna etch and gt fishing however
One place from land has large gt but they tend not to hit the the big poppers kongs , masters bombs ,hammerhead cuberas some hooks up on sinking stick baits
But there is a big long tom population snagged heaps apart from the fishermen long pen 170
suggestions in regard to long stick baits or thin long poppers that will imitate the long tom also reefs edge and narwhal sub sufacepopper. Advice really appreciated cheers gareth
Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:32:07 PM by Gareth Branicki

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Best stickbait & popper to imitate long toms
October 23, 2017, 07:46:04 AM
There are no stickbaits that are made to imitate the long tom as far as I know. Carpenter have been working on one for a few years now but not quite there.
One lure I have had success with when long tom are active is the Fisherman ParaParo. This is a combination popper/pencil and when worked well, very effective on GTs.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 24, 2017, 11:05:08 PM
Brandon hadn't seen that lure thanks for info I was looking at long pen and hammerhead tobi or there popping pencil hadn't hear off fishermen paro paro.
But long large stickbaits I have very little knowledge off and rarely use so any advice long stickbaits would be good such as the aswb 170 gr.
Cheers Gareth
Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:17:01 PM by Gareth Branicki

Simon Bomholt

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 26, 2017, 04:15:48 AM
Adhek ocean lady is another option
Greetings
Simon

Andrew Brick

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
October 26, 2017, 09:17:38 AM
jack fin stylo

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
October 27, 2017, 05:55:14 PM
You already use the best one I know of which would be the fisherman long Pen, as Brandon mentioned the Paro Paro is a good call it has the coolest head shape in the business as well. Since you are fishing shore based I'd advise you to look at the large GT icecreams there nothing out there that will match it for casting distance and you can bang it around on the rocks and lose them without fear as they are well priced.

Gareth Branicki

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 16, 2017, 11:29:29 PM
Hi thanks for all the reply’s .cameron I do have gt ice creams as the rocks can be hard. On a final note has any body had much experience with either the narwhal trail pop 260 or reefs edge diving poppers haven’t had any experience with these type off poppers are they worth a go

Andrew Hurley

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 28, 2018, 12:47:02 PM
FCL CCP and Nasup

Lucas Nixon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 14, 2018, 06:03:10 PM
Might be worth checking out the new 300mm pencil popper by full scale lures. Unsure of its name as its yet to be released. The pics on their social media page look great.

Probably doesn't fit the bill exactly but the heru skipjack has always worked well for me when theres lots of sauries, gars and longtoms around.

Cheers,

Lucas.