Martin Zehetmeier

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Your favorite colour for sinking Stickbaits
April 26, 2017, 06:05:01 AM
Hello,
I am going to repaint some of my Stickbaits. Some of them look really destroyed and on some Stickbaits i just dont like the design/colour. I have some Ideas for painting but what is your most succesfull colour or design when you fish with sinking Stickbaits for GT.

Lucas Nixon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey Martin,

I guess it depends where you're fishing mate and what the bait is in that location.

Generally speaking though you cant go past a fusilier pattern and a flying fish pattern.

Have you looked at the jig skinz as an alternate option?

Cheers,

Lucas.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Martin, I assume these are sub-surface stickbaits, not deep stickbaits like a Pandora?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Martin Zehetmeier

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Hello,
I am going to repaint only my subsurface Stickbaits. They are Swimming just under  the  Surface > 1m.
I think i can catch Gts with every colour but sometimes a colour is more  succesfull than the other. Usually i start fishing with a Dark Blue colour. But when i Catch no fish i Change to pink or Another bright color and sometimes thats the Trick.
I am just painting my stickbaits because it is a Hobby and the Next gt fishing Trip is in 3 month. So i can play i little with my euipment.

Garth Welsh

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
I would agree with your dark blue idea. I find black is always super successful in north west W.A.

Samuel Shaw

• Phytoplankton
  • work fish work fish
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Your favorite colour for sinking Stickbaits
September 02, 2017, 08:31:04 AM
Pink and silver been working for me for onshore. Caught 3 Ulua between 10-18lbs in two days.
I always spray my lures with a clear coat of polyurethane.
Helps when smashing your 40.00 lures on the rocks.