Sebas Kingshoven

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Diving Popper Building Project
May 05, 2018, 04:34:40 PM
G'day guys,

Recently I finished up my first diving popper build. Pretty happy with the result and since I recorded all the steps I figured I'd share it here as well.
Hope you enjoy.

Luke Nash

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Re: Diving Popper Building Project
May 09, 2018, 10:23:57 AM
Awesome video mate.  Been watching a whole heap more on your channel too.  How long does it typically take for you to make one of your lures?

Sebas Kingshoven

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 09, 2018, 12:07:16 PM
Awesome video mate.  Been watching a whole heap more on your channel too.  How long does it typically take for you to make one of your lures?

Thanks dude! Appreciate it! It kinda depends on what lure I make. Stickbaits take a fair bit longer as they are super sensitive to the balance weight and it has to be done perfect in relation to the body design or it won't work. Stickbaits usually take about four days total including the curing of the wood with urethane, painting and epoxy coating. Diving poppers are much easier to make as designing and balancing doesn't change a whole lot but due to drying and curing processes it still takes up to 3 days to do.

Luke Nash

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 09, 2018, 12:28:30 PM

Thanks dude! Appreciate it! It kinda depends on what lure I make. Stickbaits take a fair bit longer as they are super sensitive to the balance weight and it has to be done perfect in relation to the body design or it won't work. Stickbaits usually take about four days total including the curing of the wood with urethane, painting and epoxy coating. Diving poppers are much easier to make as designing and balancing doesn't change a whole lot but due to drying and curing processes it still takes up to 3 days to do.

What would you suggest is the first step is at having a go at your own?

Sebas Kingshoven

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
May 10, 2018, 02:44:37 AM

What would you suggest is the first step is at having a go at your own?

I think if you would just follow the steps in the video: make a design cut/carve it out and try to find a balance will help you a long way. If you have any questions in relation to the build don't be afraid to ask!