peter lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
2013 shimano stella 8000 spool drag service
July 07, 2013, 08:11:05 PM
hi all...does anyone knows of any link for video on servicing spool drag for 8000...can't seem to find a way to remove drag below spool..thanks

Ian Ng

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
There is a hidden C Clip.
U have to see carefully from the top section of the spool after removing all the washer.

peter lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
thanks ian...for the 2013 spool top part of spool remove already. but nothink to indicate any c clip..did some search ...think will need some kind of special tool to remove bottom drag cover..I try attach pic..

peter lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
looks like the 2008 spool..whereby you need to remove the drag cover...any thoughts on tis...much appreciate. .

Sean Costello

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
that cover will unscrew but not sure wether it is left or right hand thread, and they are usually wound pretty tight, shimano would have a tool they use to undo it. The 18000/20000 are easier because there is more room to get your fingers in there but it may be a battle with the 8000.

Sean

Clem Henry

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Peter,

Shimano will have a tool; I shaped one from a piece of metal I had..pic below, just ensure it fits snugly and apply steady pressure to undo (rubber o ring will provide some resistance) - anticlockwise direction

Hope that helps, if your in doubt I would suggest taking it to a service agent (if that's viable)..a lot of the parts are not yet avail so take care. :)

Sean Costello

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
nice bit of improvising Clem! those covers can be trouble to get off by hand

peter lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
thanks guys...least now I know ned a special improvise tool to open anti reverse. ..