Michael Adolfsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Getting my 1st popping rod
October 02, 2010, 05:23:12 AM
Hi Patrick
I´m a neighbor from Denmark.
Have you looked at Seawoodtackle.com it´s in Spain so no 25%.
They have most the rods mentioned i think.
If you are interested i have a Shimano gt special for sale, only used on a trip to Panama last year .200 euro
some small schrathces

Patrick Naslund

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 02, 2010, 05:41:18 AM
Michael.

I have visited Seawoodtackle's site many times  :)
But the only rod recomended here they have is the Carpender Coral Viper 79/40 RF-SHP.

Is it the TCurve Gt special you have Michael ?
200 Euro sounds like a nice price  for starter rod ( I'm pretty sure I'll get hooked after this trip and get a SW 18000 as well  :P  )

Send me a PM

Patrick.

Jonas Holmsgard

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 02, 2010, 06:56:51 AM
Hi guys,
Another swedish Viking here. Michael - you and I actually met once in Panama when I was there filming with Thomas & Peter. Still trying to keep this in english out of courtesy to our hosts and friends online;-)
Patrick - Seawood usually have the Ripple Fisher LC82 and I bet Pep will get other R.Fs if you have specific requests. Seawood actually have fantastic prices - I got my Yamagas there and their R.Fs are definately cheaper than in Oz (so where the Yamagas and their Carpenters)
When it comes to the Kaibutsus you can get them online from Germany for around 275 euros if you want one of them... But Michaels offer sounds even better, the Gt-special is a great rod. Another option that is easy to get up our ways is the Illex Ashuras - I recently got a 240h from France for 220, including shipping to Gothenburg.
Nice to see more and more scandinavians on these sites - good luck with your shopping!
/Jonas

Patrick Naslund

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 02, 2010, 07:01:10 AM
Tnx for that  Jonas.. I actually live in Gothenburg also.... small world  :P

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 02, 2010, 11:45:53 AM
Mark prices are Euros.. actual costs are less but I have to pay 3,5% custom and 25 % VAT on the total cost ( shipping included) when buying from outside EU :(

Can't find any price info on the Kaiser rod since my I got a malware warning trying to enter the shop site  :P

Yes, been like that for a while.

You can see the Kaiser blog though and the El Toro details are here:
http://kaiser-pro-shop.blogspot.com/2010/07/kaiser-el-toro-150-gt-casting-rod.html

For more info just drop a PM to user  Kaiser Pro Shop or user Ah Gu in this forum.

Lars Nielsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 02, 2010, 09:18:32 PM
Hi Patrick,

Two cents from a Dane here :0)

I can only second the advice here: If you can afford it, Ripple Fisher GT79R would be a perfect choice for allround use (anything except the biggest bloopers.) Check out the Nomad site: http://www.nomadtackle.ashop.com.au/p/978736/ripple-fisher-gt-79r.html and click the video.

Don't touch the Kaibutsus with a ten foot pole - they weigh a ton and there are several reports of them breaking at the handle. They are also ridiculously overpriced in Europe.

If you find your way around Copenhagen give me a shout anytime. I have a few Carpenters, Smiths and OR's to play around with.

Lars

Patrick Naslund

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 02, 2010, 10:02:49 PM
Hi Patrick,

Two cents from a Dane here :0)

I can only second the advice here: If you can afford it, Ripple Fisher GT79R would be a perfect choice for allround use (anything except the biggest bloopers.) Check out the Nomad site: http://www.nomadtackle.ashop.com.au/p/978736/ripple-fisher-gt-79r.html and click the video.

Don't touch the Kaibutsus with a ten foot pole - they weigh a ton and there are several reports of them breaking at the handle. They are also ridiculously overpriced in Europe.

If you find your way around Copenhagen give me a shout anytime. I have a few Carpenters, Smiths and OR's to play around with.

Lars

That's extremely nice of you Lars  :).. Copenhagen is not that far from Gothenburg.. and since Denmark have good beer as well..it would be 2 good reasons to go there  :)

I'm actually considering the Ripple Fisher GT79R as my primary candidate atm

I'm glad I joined this forum.. so many nice and helpful ppl here  :)

Michael Adolfsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 03:05:09 AM
Hi Jonas
Nice to to hear from you again, saw the pictures from your last Panama trip with Getawaytours. Some very big Cuberas there, cant wait to se the movie.
Michael

Jonas Holmsgard

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Getting my 1st popping ro
October 03, 2010, 04:01:51 AM
Hi Michael (sorry Patrick for hijacking your thread)
Yeah we had a great time in Panama in June, cathing lots of roosters but more important some huge cuberas (well, Thomas did anyway. I only had some up to around 20 kilos) Thomas caught three over 30 kilos, with the two biggest beeing around 35 kg! And Peter caught everything on tape. The DVD will be edited and released in december I think - it will be action packed with some truly nice fish from our two trips there this last year. Do you have exciting new trips coming up? Hope to see u soon, somewhere in the world!
Regards Jonas

Michael Adolfsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 04:36:11 AM
Hi Jonas
cant wait to see the dvd, Thomas is not to generous or what.
Bo and I am going to Andamans in Feb. and maybe Fiji later this year or next.

Jonas Holmsgard

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 06:52:49 AM
Hi again Michael,
Well lets put it like this, Thomas was more generous when it came to the roosters... But on that trip he was definately the cubera-man. I am afraid the dvd will prove that point - he was unbeatable when it came to those red beasts;-) this time around!
Andamans sounds great and so does Fiji - both places are on my to-do-list for the future. Please keep me posted! This is a bad place to admit it but has been far too long since I fished for gts (cosmoledo two years ago)
/Jonas

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 07:14:04 AM
Is there anywhere I could see a preview of this? I'd love to catch a Cubera!!

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 08:40:49 AM
Patrick, if you have the opportunity to bend a few rods first from some of the guys who live near you, that would be good before commiting to a purchase. What is a perfect rod for one person may very well be way too strong for another or vice versa. Every angler is different so having an opportunity to feel a rod first would be good. GT and jigging rods are like nothing else out there in terms of their power to weight ratio  - 15 years ago, rods like these would have been inconceivable but graphite technology advancement in that period has been amazing.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 11:45:39 AM
I have the Ripple Fisher 79R and despite having now had 4 popping rods and used several others, it is still my fave as it is so versatile, easy to cast with and probably as easy on the body to fight fish with as any GT rod will be

For lures in the 120-140gm range, both stickbaits and poppers, it is a gem

Patrick Naslund

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 03, 2010, 08:55:21 PM
I will take any opportunity I get to feel some rods before making my final decision....but..as of now.... the RF 79R is the one I'm going for ( can't find anything negative said about it.. anywhere   :)  )