Angus Hulme

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lure colours you love......
March 16, 2012, 11:45:18 AM
In terms of stickbaits, I think these 2 schemes I did a while back would be my favourites, based purely on the fact they've caught more fish than any other of my lures.

But I also reckon that when GT's are feeding aggressively, you could throw a lure of any colour and it'll likely be bitten. I suppose it's when the fish are shy is a true test for things like colour :-\.

Cheers,
Angus

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 20, 2012, 02:00:57 PM
Colours? What colours?

A bit of mahogany with a clear coat on it  ;).

Charlie Chew

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 20, 2012, 10:56:55 PM
Some of my favourite colors

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 20, 2012, 11:48:45 PM
Nice charlie... two of my favourite colours in there on one of my favourite poppers.

Aaron Concord

March 28, 2012, 09:38:29 PM
Mark,

I'd happily fish inside the Great Barrier Reef "lagoon" area and the top of Fraser Island with any popper in red head/white body, follwed by fusilier.  The water is clear as air and typically less than 20m.

Down off Brisbane, where the locals (and myself pre-neck injury) were pulling our fish out of deeper water where dark blues/blacks/greens  work on bright days and the 'panic trout' colour from FCL LABO works on overcast days.  The water here is 15-30m and a lot darker too.

Regardless of where, contrast seems to be a key element across the board.  Even the red head improves 50% by having a couple of black patches on the white belly........comes back to contrast!

Also, having a nice bright pink or yellow cup helps in tracking the lures movements:- both in the air and in the drink!

Cheers,

Aaron.

Lip Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 12, 2013, 12:49:45 AM
just sharing my fav color...